Anyone heard of JMS Chip Corporation.

MysticSN95

Established Member
Has anyone heard of JMS Chip Corporation. They are close to me and wanted to know if anyone has used them to tune your car. They are supposed to be real good with Fords.

J15BIG

Established Member
the name sounds familiar. I think a Lightning guy used them once. Try searching f150online.com

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Yeah, Johnson Motorsports founded by Chris Johnson who now works for SCT. I had my 94 tuned by them. They are out of southern Alabama. Nice guys. Some of my buddies get there cars tuned there.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Originally posted by MysticSN95
Has anyone heard of JMS Chip Corporation. They are close to me and wanted to know if anyone has used them to tune your car. They are supposed to be real good with Fords.

I had a buddy get his Cobra tuned there. He got an amzing gain in power and a very safe tune. I have never heard anything but good from that place. The seem to work magic in Mobile. If you want to ask him about JMS, PM blown01cobra.

MysticSN95

Established Member
Well RWTD is in Mobile too and I just wanted to know who was the best. I have heard alot about RWTD, but not about JMS

a94cobra

Established Member
So does Chris Johnson not work there anymore? Just for superchips?

I had a tune on my 94 Cobra by him, good tuner.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Go with JMS. Seriously, PM blown01cobra. He had a procharger on his 01 Cobra and gained like 140hp from his dyon tune at JMS. He went from 432rwhp/372rwtq to 569rwhp/482rwtq.

[email protected]

Established Member
Monty does all of the tuning at JMS Chip Corp, which I believe is still owned and controlled by Chris.

Chris is one of the OWNERS, and FOUNDERS of SCT and now lives in Florida.

nothing

nothing
Established Member
monty is his brother (at least that is what he made me think and his last name is johnson) and he said chris goes back and forth between there and florida. chris johnson has been in about 25 articles in mm&ff and 5.0 magazines tuning cars they use a mustang dyno

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Chris Johnson if a founder/owner of Superchips, and helped start the custom division. From my understanding, he owns JMS chip.

Never heard anything bad about them. JMS has been around a little longer than everyone thinks, I don't think they used to advertise much.

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
On a side note, one of the guys from Florida that was working directly with Chris Johnson opened up his own chip company and has a website. he is in Mississippi and does mail order as well as local chips for people and is real good. I just had him retune my car after a few mods and its making more power on the dyno than what Monty could get at JMS. (but i have more mods now also). his website is www.mississippimotorsports.com if you guys want to check it out.
He just got the website up, so its new still.

Users who are viewing this thread