Anyone have vids of c6z's on nitrous?

CobraKid04

Established Member
I have tried and tried to find videos of c6 zo6 on nitrous. I Have only found a few and they suck. Is the LS7 really that weak with forced induction? I want a c6 z someday and would like a small shot of 50-75 but, it seems like no one puts it on these cars. Post your thoughts as well as vids.

02 Z06

Squeze me please me
Established Member
Dont see it cause nobody needs it.

Word my friend Mike owns a performance shop on the Big Island. His is the only 505Z06 I raced on the street and came around me after i shifted into 3rd. motor against motor he handed me my ass. i was scared to spray him because he would have had a directport on the car before lunch the next day ready to spank me again :D

CobraKid04

Established Member
Hell man I went to youtube and searched c6 z06 nitrous and pages of good vids came up.

The first 2 pages have a few but, they either have H/C + nitrous or its a c5z with nitrous. Maybe Im just too picky? :shrug: Thanks for lookin homey.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
no need for nitrous, a simple cam, headers, intake is straight nasty, haha!

the great thing about a c6z06 is the stock fueling and clutch will hold 550whp very well, but once you go with nitrous you have to upgrade the clutch ($2500) and fueling ($1000), and you will definitely need a 18inch set of rear wheels with drag radials ($1100) if you plan on hooking up. nitrous kit + labor + tune = $2000, which starts to add up. not to mention the risk of destroying the stock engine is far greater with nitrous.

headers + cam + intake + everything else needed for the install/tune = $5000 (530-540whp)

vortech or paxton novi kit + headers + install/tune = $8000 (580-600whp)

^these are better options imo.

Last edited:

CobraKid04

Established Member
no need for nitrous, a simple cam, headers, intake is straight nasty, haha!

the great thing about a c6z06 is the stock fueling and clutch will hold 550whp very well, but once you go with nitrous you have to upgrade the clutch ($2500) and fueling ($1000), and you will definitely need a 18inch set of rear wheels with drag radials ($1100), not to mention the nitrous kit + labor + tune = $2000+) which starts to add up.

Don't you have cams, headers, intake, tune on your car?

boostedmr2

One of the cars in this video is a Dallas Performance 06 z06, 250 shot, nano bottles, 910rwhp

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Ultimate-Racing-Trailer_197942.htm]Ultimate Racing Trailer Video by Qb2productions- Video[/ame]

boostedmr2

when is this dvd going to be finished?

Looks like Fall right now :(

I've still got Tx2k9 Supra Nationals to attend as well as The Texas Mile at the end of March. Then a bunch of local shit going down leading into the summer :D

But on that note I'm about 95% through with the preview for the DVD I'll put out to announce the DVD is ready to buy.

CobraKid04

Established Member
anyone know home much it is to put a cam, intake, headers, tune. I see Katech, LG, and ling. are all around the same price 5,500+. Thats alot of paper for 50hp.

Users who are viewing this thread