anyone have this problem

mytjojo

Established Member
Mods are listed below.
I detailed my engine the other day washed it down real good and let it idle for about 20 mins. Everything seemed fine. I took it out on the frwy just to blow it out, went all the way through 1st, 2nsd and half way through 3rd. Car pulled like a raped ape. So I go to the next exit down shifted into 2nd then up shift to 3rd and floored it and the car fell flat on it's face, like it wanted to die. I let off the throtle, punched it again and it was fine. punched it a 3rd time and same problem. No the TC was not on but thast is exactly what it felt like. any ideas?
could I have got water some where:shrug: I jus had it dynoed and it was strong so I dunno. Could a pinched fuel line cause this or a vacume leak somewhere

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
Excess water in the engine bay could have been splashing on the belt and could have been causing massive belt slip.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Check the spark plug bores. The coil covers have a gasket that sometimes lets water down on the bore causing the spark to ground out. My #4 used to do it all the time after washing the motor.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Mine does it once it once in awhile, I guess I am suppose to watch fuel pressure on the interceptor. Pretty rare for me, had it ever since the SCT Tune.
A guy I know with CAI/Exhaust/Sct Tune had it bad, tuner "fixed" it and apparently the fuel tables were not designed for the ~flash~ the car had.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
I have had this problem a couple times when i have shifted the car into 2nd and 3rd, but i don't think it has anything to do with hosing down your engine bay. It's like the car falls on its face for a split second then comes back alive. It's weird and has only happened to me twice, one time being last weekend popping it into 3rd.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Isn't this a new problem you got right after you washed the engine? This hasnt been going on for some time has it? Some of these responses are for a long term problem. Please clarify.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Happens to me every once and a while. Not all the time. Only when im in boost, but not flooring it and then decided to floor it. My car wants me to either commit or not commit to full boost haha.

mytjojo

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Isn't this a new problem you got right after you washed the engine? This hasnt been going on for some time has it? Some of these responses are for a long term problem. Please clarify.

I don't know if it was just sure timing that it did it because I washed my enigine or if it was actually thr pprv mod that is needed. I have only been ported for about 3 weeks now so it's all pretty new.

wallie40

Established Member
I honestly think it has to do with belt slip or the PPRV.

I think that the best thing to do would be to datalog and see if the fuel pres is dropping off or if something just looks wierd.

There was a post on modford from RWTD about map count and running out around 970. There was a way in the tune to raise it to 1073(something like that). This was done instead of deleting the pprv.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...ssue-information-and-rectification-47769.html

-pAul

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I do not have belt slip but have this once in awhile ported for 3 months not, had the problem for 3 months now. Local friend same thing and he only has a catback, cai and tune, the tuner "manually re-wrote the fuel tables" and its suppose to be fixed now, he had it pretty bad not every shift. If I had it every shift I'm looking for a new tuner.
I have it very rarely and its probably half a second engine cut off feel.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I really dont feel your PPRV or belt slip is the problem. Not by your description of the car falling on its face. You're just now noticing this problem so you didnt have the problem before.
How long have you had this car? You've flogged on it before I'm sure right? Ever happen prior to washing the engine this last time?
I see you added 60 lb injs in your sig now. Did you just have them installed? If so then the pprv thing could be the issue.

Last edited:

mytjojo

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
I really dont feel your PPRV or belt slip is the problem. Not by your description of the car falling on its face. You're just now noticing this problem so you didnt have the problem before.
How long have you had this car? You've flogged on it before I'm sure right? Ever happen prior to washing the engine this last time?
I see you added 60 lb injs in your sig now. Did you just have them installed? If so then the pprv thing could be the issue.

Yes it happened once before because my BAP went bad. I am currently running with out one and i am at 49% fpdc at wot on the dyno.
i installed all the mods at one time. port, injectors HE, ect ect.
car is about 3 and a half and has about 15k on it.

Wallie I think you might be right we will take a look this weekend

Users who are viewing this thread