Anyone have the Detail Corral?

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
Hey guys,

I am looking to clean up my trunk a bit and organize the detailing tools a bit and was wondering if anyone has the Detail Corral that CDC makes?

Looks like a great product and was wondering if anyone has it? I know CDC makes some great products.

mrose75

Established Member
Speaking of truck mods.... Roush truck lid mounted tool kit anyone? Sorry for thread jack.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpectorV

Established Member
na I dont like the look of it and it probably wont hold anything heavy, also I wouldnt trust putting like tire gel etc and then closing the trunk to have it stored on its side... they tend to leak etc.

I purchased a clear container made of plastic thats tall enough for all my bottles while still being able to fit in the corner of the trunk, works good.

Jefe

Established Member
Speaking of truck mods.... Roush truck lid mounted tool kit anyone? Sorry for thread jack.
I have mine sitting on my dresser. One of these days Im going to mount it. I dont know though, I already have a full tool kit in the trunk. I may just sell it. Still has the Roush tools in it

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
na I dont like the look of it and it probably wont hold anything heavy, also I wouldnt trust putting like tire gel etc and then closing the trunk to have it stored on its side... they tend to leak etc.

I purchased a clear container made of plastic thats tall enough for all my bottles while still being able to fit in the corner of the trunk, works good.

I have a small tool caddy that I got from home depot made by Husky to hold my stuff and is working well. The products spilling was a concern of mine too. I wouldn't want to get it toss all my stuff in it then go to use it one day and my products being all over the place

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
There's a pic up here of a member with the Roush Tool kit. He has pics of it up.

Anyone with pics of the Detail Corral??

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I thought I liked the look of the detail corral but discovered that Covercraft also makes a nice one that is a bit cheaper. The color matches too!

Pocket Pods

http://www.americanmuscle.com/covercraft-pocket-pod-99-04.html

Would be perfect just to put the Predator, owners manual, and a few other oddities in there. Don't like the idea of having stuff rolling around in the trunk.

Last edited:

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
Thats interesting, I am not sure how I feel about it. Looks a little cheesey to me. I like the Detail Corral, but it seems that no one has one.

Satyr

Established Member
I just ordered one to hold the small amount of tools I hold in the trunk. I got the one from americanmuscle.com.

If I get it and don't care for it, I will just send it back.

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
I just ordered one to hold the small amount of tools I hold in the trunk. I got the one from americanmuscle.com.

If I get it and don't care for it, I will just send it back.

Post up your opinion/pics!!! I also feel it will clean up the look under the trunk lid....

Satyr

Established Member
I got it, took it out of the box and realized it was not worth the $110 I paid for it. When mounted, it doesn't seem that it would be able to support any appreciable amount of weight, so I sent it back for a refund.

The trunk mat I purchased, however, looks awesome (snake insignia). Once the weather clears and I can get some crap installed I will snap some shots.

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
I got it, took it out of the box and realized it was not worth the $110 I paid for it. When mounted, it doesn't seem that it would be able to support any appreciable amount of weight, so I sent it back for a refund.

The trunk mat I purchased, however, looks awesome (snake insignia). Once the weather clears and I can get some crap installed I will snap some shots.

Ohh wow, thanks. Yeah since it wasn't too popular i figured it might not be all too great. I was thinking that it might not support too much weight and that it also wouldnt be good for everything to be sitting on its side....

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The fact that it doesn't hold much weight surprises you??

Right from the description: CoverCraft's Pocket Pod is a quick and easy way to keep things accessible and organized in your 1999-2004 Mustangs trunk. With three secure storage pockets, the 1999-2004 Mustang Pocket Pod keeps small items like manuals, first aid kits, emergency tools, or warning devices from rattling around but still easily accessible.

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
The fact that it doesn't hold much weight surprises you??

Right from the description: CoverCraft's Pocket Pod is a quick and easy way to keep things accessible and organized in your 1999-2004 Mustangs trunk. With three secure storage pockets, the 1999-2004 Mustang Pocket Pod keeps small items like manuals, first aid kits, emergency tools, or warning devices from rattling around but still easily accessible.

That is not the product I was looking at. The covercraft seems too universal and cheesy looking. I just wanted to hold a few microfibers, spray detailer, water blade etc.

But thanks anyway for your condescending response :thumbsup:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Neither one will hold much of anything - maybe your owners manual, hand-held tuner, some small tools, etc. If you are anal about organizing some minor items, it will probably be fine, but that's about it:bored:

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
Yeah, I wasnt looking to store much in it. Was really just going to get it because its only a few bucks more than the carpeted piece that covers the inside of the trunk lid. Not sure which way i will go.

Users who are viewing this thread