Anyone have solution to intercooler pump always needing burped I have a Kenne Bell 2.8 lc

Banshee06

Established Member
I put in a new intercooler pump and burped and it was pumping fine. I checked it every day 3 days in a row and it was working. Then I drive it watch my iat2 climb to 140 with no boost I 80 degree
Get home pump not working again . This happens all the time.
My intercooler pump also pumps through the liquid cooled Kenne Bell supercharger.

Banshee06

Established Member
also would this make the engine run hotter, the cooling system on the engine seems to get hot when the outside temps go over 90?

hotcobra03

Established Member
I'm not a fan of these pumps.
same here.new pump and it's hit and miss..

I have had 3 of these and on 4th now.

after trying to rebuild these,I have noticed on each only 1 brush burnt.

I think they do have upgrades now but cost isn't nice,

01yellercobra

Established Member
Was there a bubble in the system that got dislodged? Or did you tap on the pump to get it working again?

The intercooler shouldn't affect the engine cooling. But a hot blower can radiate some heat I'm sure.

Banshee06

Established Member
I just blow into the opening in the tank where the cap screws on till it starts flowing with the pump jumpered.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Just putting in my two cents-

The stock plumbing leaves a lot to be desired. The big problem is it's tough to get a good fill. Think about the filling process. You're pouring in the water, but the air comes up on the pressure side and gets trapped in the hose between the rising fill level and the intercooler. You could try and pull a vacuum from the intercooler to draw it out, but that can be a pain. The easiest way is putting some sort of vent/cap in the pressure line going to the intercooler. You can use one of the radiator flush kits that has a splice, clamps, and a cap, or if you're like me and went to a remote reservoir with no pressure cap, you can get a splice in filler neck with a pressure cap. You get a really good initial fill that way, and don't have to deal with the maddening air locking of the pump.

I'm also not a big fan of the Bosch pump as far as longevity goes. I've switched mine out for a Pierburg CWA-50 and I'll be seeing how that works in the future. It's a cheap upgrade that's quieter and flows better.

GodStang

Established Member
How exactly does it splice in?

--Joe

This is how my old 2.8LC was plumed up. The big lines get place inline with system already there and then the two small lines get routed to the LC. Was not a fan of this so I did not do it this way for my 3.6LC.

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

Soap

Established Member
Wait....how is that possible? That larger diameter line is all the same fluid flow path so both the smaller lines would also be the same flow path. Meaning there is no feed and return for the liquid cooled portion of the supercharger. You are just pushing fluid into the blower case then it gets stuck in there because there is no return line to the resevoir.

What am I missing here?

--Joe

Users who are viewing this thread