Anyone have recommendations on a 4 post lift for my garage?

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
I am looking at 4 post lifts with the idea of double-stacking the mustangs in one bay. Garage ceiling height is 12ft, depth ~23ft and each bay is ~ 9.75ft wide (3 bay garage with another 4x23 to the side of the bays for workspace). So far I've looked at the following:

Backyard Buddy Extended Lift - http://www.backyard-buddy.com/car-lifts-7000-pound-extended-4-post.html
Bendpak HD-9XL - http://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/four-post-lifts/hd-9xl.aspx.

Installation does not seem too bad however the overall physical movement of the pieces seems like a complete PITA without a Bobcat or forklift. Therefore, I may have someone install, we'll see. I spoke with an installer who seemed very knowledgeable and he couldn't say enough good things about the Backyard Buddy lifts. When I brought up Bendpak he said they usually have fitment issues and he has seen problems with them such as the lift getting stuck with a car on it. Anyways, the Bendpak seems to fit my needs on paper but was curious if anyone had any real world experience with any make of 4 post lifts. Appreciate any feedback on this.

GodStang

Established Member
I have a Bendpak 2-Post lift and it is solid great stuff. No issues yet but it is only around a year old. There is maintenance you have to do on them from time to time.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
check with your local O'Reillys store. I work at dealer and that is who we buy from and they are reasonable. Also can also setup delivery and/or install. Of course for extra money but usually only like $300 or so

oldmodman

Established Member
I have a 4 post Bend Pak and have been completely satisfied with it.

Even though I have to keep it outside it has never had a problem.

With it inside it should last almost forever. And since you will be getting the 220 volt pump assembly, it will pump up three times as fast as my old 110 volt model.

Do you have a couple of friends to help you put it together? I used an engine hoist to help hold up the ramps and cylinders.

If you get the BendPak you should be quite happy with it.

va boy

Established Member
I can't speak on the Backyard Buddy, maybe another member can offer some personal experience. I have 2 friends who have the Bendpak 4 post in their home garage, one of them for years, and both guys are very happy with them. I have used both at times and have been nothing but impressed.
I have done a lot of research on the various 4 post lifts, and for my money, I will be getting the Bendpak, no question for me.
Good luck which ever direction you go.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Thanks so much for the replies. A lot of good info. Does anyone know if I need to run a dedicated air line to the Bendpak? I saw somewhere that Bendpak has safety air locks.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i have the bendpak 9000 lift. had it for three years with zero issues. i can move it with no help with the casters. it arrived via freight---i picked it up with my car trailer and then had a team of two guys do the assembly/installation. i think i paid $700 for installation/assembly by guys who do this routinely--well worth it for me. i have 220 electrical to it, and it works quite a bit better with upgraded electrical supply. i think either options would work for you. if you're the least bit uncomfortable about doing the assembly yourself, have someone else do it

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
I am looking at 4 post lifts with the idea of double-stacking the mustangs in one bay. Garage ceiling height is 12ft, depth ~23ft and each bay is ~ 9.75ft wide (3 bay garage with another 4x23 to the side of the bays for workspace). So far I've looked at the following:

Backyard Buddy Extended Lift - http://www.backyard-buddy.com/car-lifts-7000-pound-extended-4-post.html
Bendpak HD-9XL - http://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/four-post-lifts/hd-9xl.aspx.

Installation does not seem too bad however the overall physical movement of the pieces seems like a complete PITA without a Bobcat or forklift. Therefore, I may have someone install, we'll see. I spoke with an installer who seemed very knowledgeable and he couldn't say enough good things about the Backyard Buddy lifts. When I brought up Bendpak he said they usually have fitment issues and he has seen problems with them such as the lift getting stuck with a car on it. Anyways, the Bendpak seems to fit my needs on paper but was curious if anyone had any real world experience with any make of 4 post lifts. Appreciate any feedback on this.

I just went through this in the last week or so.

I went with this one.

http://www.directlift.com/Four-Post-Lift-Pro-Park-9-PLUS-P55C9.aspx

I already have a 2 post lift a Forward brand my 3rd one.

I needed a 4 post with casters I could move in and out of shop and to be able to use outside also.

I did have a bit of a pain because it was too tall to roll in and out so I shortened it by 5". Even now it goes up high enough its hard to reach bottom of vehicle when lift is up all the way.

I am very pleased with it so far.

I was quoted 500.00 for install but ended up doing it myself. A very easy task. I can tell you how i did it if you want.

I also installed my own 2 post lift and saved BIG $$.. The two prior I paid the seller to install.

This version is 9000 lb capacity and I am pleased with the quality.

Its exact same lift as another with just different decals a much more expensive version but same lift.

Mine is the 110 v version and it works really well.

Its a Revolution lift i believe with just a different name.

D753C15C-1E47-4024-A903-F4AB0B0353EA.jpg

BED9296A-454A-46D1-9375-A6CFCD8DA02B.jpg

DSC04124.jpg

Last edited:

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
here it is moved into the side garage. My ceiling is only 10'6" so lift is not up all the way in these pics

18477EB4-9449-4C17-ADFB-15F8623E4F1C.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread