Anyone have pics of a 3" Mac catback on the car?

RGrossman

Established Member
I've seen the fit and its not good. Their cat-backs 2.5" and 3" both suck IMO. The pipes are angled and look like crap. Do what I did and buy a nice stainless catback and put in Mac mufflers. I didn't go to 3" but I took a used Magnaflow catback and just clamped in Mac mufflers. Best of both worlds.

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
I can get you one but not until tonight. I don't mind the different bend in them but they are a bitch to hang the 3" and are quite heavy too. Now on the sound= Love it and get alot of complements from older hot rod guys. UPR-OR-X with the Mac 3"

Satin03

Established Member
I've seen the fit and its not good. Their cat-backs 2.5" and 3" both suck IMO. The pipes are angled and look like crap. Do what I did and buy a nice stainless catback and put in Mac mufflers. I didn't go to 3" but I took a used Magnaflow catback and just clamped in Mac mufflers. Best of both worlds.

Yeah, I have heard of some people having fitment issues. Fortunbately all of the Mac products I have owned worked out just fine. I'm really wondering about the clearance with the tires as I am running 335 Nitto's. I too have tried the Mac stainless mufflers swapped into my Bassani polished SS catback and the sound just wasn't right for some reason. Kinda had a tinny cackle in it. Maybe it was the 4" tips. Who knows.

I can get you one but not until tonight. I don't mind the different bend in them but they are a bitch to hang the 3" and are quite heavy too. Now on the sound= Love it and get alot of complements from older hot rod guys. UPR-OR-X with the Mac 3"

I'm not that worried about the different bend either. I also plan on silver ceramic coating the tailpipes to try to get as close to the stainless look as possible. Definately looking forward to the pics! Thanks.

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
I'm not that worried about the different bend either. I also plan on silver ceramic coating the tailpipes to try to get as close to the stainless look as possible. Definately looking forward to the pics! Thanks.

Nothing beats a good set of polished tailpipes; thanks again :lol1:

Satin03

Established Member
Well, strapped the 3" Mac system on and love the sound. It is probably one of the best sounding catbacks IMO. However, the fit and looks leave something to be desired. It was a little bit of a PITA to get the tips to line up and it kinda hangs a little on the low side where it bolts to the mid pipe. It's really a shame because it sounds amazing but just not sure I can deal with the rear asthetics. Time will tell I guess.

mystical

Established Member
Well, strapped the 3" Mac system on and love the sound. It is probably one of the best sounding catbacks IMO. However, the fit and looks leave something to be desired. It was a little bit of a PITA to get the tips to line up and it kinda hangs a little on the low side where it bolts to the mid pipe. It's really a shame because it sounds amazing but just not sure I can deal with the rear asthetics. Time will tell I guess.

Pics and sound clips would be great. What midpipe are you running?

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
heres u some pics man not the best but u can see them.:beer:
050a.jpg

106hl.jpg

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
If you want a 3" Mac cat back I'll sell you mine! I hate it... Don't fit worth a crap and it rubs everything including the gas tank cover (which has melted)

I'm about to chop it up when I get home and make dumps out of it so it won't look so terrible. Still sounds awesome tho!

Jay

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
If you want a 3" Mac cat back I'll sell you mine! I hate it... Don't fit worth a crap and it rubs everything including the gas tank cover (which has melted)

I'm about to chop it up when I get home and make dumps out of it so it won't look so terrible. Still sounds awesome tho!

Jay

how long has it been since you have bought the catback? i have heard a few good things from newer kits :shrug:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
That could be true. It was the only mod on my car when I got it. So I don't know what year or model it is? But I do know it fits like complete crap and it's coming off asap.

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
Thats cool, i just emailed mac, i love the sound but there is one problem...I wanna see my exhaust if i polish it, thats one of the main reasons i am keeping my irs, and the op's doesnt look like his shows much...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread