Anyone have personal experience with turbo bikes (GSXR 1000, ZX-10, or Busa)

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am looking for my next toy after I sell the Cobra this spring and think this may be the ticket (literally).

I've looked at these for years but was never able to really talk to someone that had one to get true impressions. Street-ability, maintenance, etc.

Who are the good installers/tuners? I'd probably install the kit myself and have someone else tune it.

Any kits recommended over others? If so, for what reason? I am looking at Velocity Racing's kits for the above bikes. If I picked a Busa I would go with the Stage 2 kit. Busa Stage 3 kits might be a little beyond what I want right now.

Any good forums to read?

Don't worry, I have many years of riding fast street bikes (although this will redefine my perspective of fast). This isn't my first bike, lol!!

Joe

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
i own a turbocharged bike. its a year 2000 kawasaki ZRX-1100. this is a great bike to turbocharge because the compression ratio of the engine is only 10:1. whereas most high performance sport bikes made after the year 2000 are well in excess of 11:1. in fact all the new bikes of today are in excess of 12:1. so with that said the busa is ideal as well as it is only 10.5:1 compression ratio. hahn racecraft and mr turbo are few of the tuners that come to mind when turbocharging a busa. there is also a good tuner with a turbo kit in nevada. i wanna say they are called heads up performance. if you do decide to turbocharge a high compression engine you will need to put lower compression pistons in it. no matter what i would not turbocharge any engine with less than 1000 cc.

6986compressed.jpg

698617_-_1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread