Anyone have Mercury Cougars

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
It seems like the Cougar has always lived in the Mustangs shadow especially after the Cougar became more of a personal luxory vehicle after 1973 but became sporty in its last years of life. I've always like the first gen Cougars and almost got one not to long ago. So i was wondering if any one here had some Cougars they could share with us.

Fat-cat

Established Member
If you are talking older i cant help ya but i owned a 1995 xr7 with a 4.6L it was a nice car peppy but not crazy fast. then i owned a 2001 v6 cougar. Loved that car sporty handled well .. just not much in the way of aftermarket for it. I had a 75 zex nitrous hit, cold air and exhaust and it went pretty well for what it was.. Wish i never got rid of it. it was an awesome daily driver car and pretty good on gas.

SilverLSC98

Established Member
It's pretty rare to see a first gen. cougar anywhere. I love the Eliminators!
Here is a youtube vid I found of a '69 cougar

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09QHdVVsIBQ&feature=related"]YouTube - My 69 Cougar[/ame]

here is a 68 cougar racing a foxbody

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1991-Mustang-Vs-1968_25109.htm"]1991 Mustang Vs. 1968 Cougar- Video[/ame]

Last edited:

fst86410

Established Member
I've got a 67 S code factory 4 speed car. I was drag racing it but didn't want to trash it so I pulled the 427 tunnel port out. Just setting there collecting dust now, but I've got a 390 with cobra jet heads ready to go in.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
I've got a 67 S code factory 4 speed car. I was drag racing it but didn't want to trash it so I pulled the 427 tunnel port out. Just setting there collecting dust now, but I've got a 390 with cobra jet heads ready to go in.

Not to piss in your Wheaties, but in 67 there was no 427 option for Cougars. If you want to get really specific, the S code in 67-69 Cougars was always the 390 4bbl.

The only year you could possible get a 427 (side oiler) in was in 68 and that was the GT-E on the odd chance that they put in in there instead of the 428, because you didn't get that choice.

Junk_in_Trunk

Established Member
I have a 1969 XR7 Convertible that I am selling if anyone is interested. Just had the tranny rebuilt with a 2yr warranty on it. The car runs great, only needs a little TLC and it would be a dime piece. PM if anyone is interested.

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
Forgot about my old 2000
cougar3.jpg

fst86410

Established Member
Not to piss in your Wheaties, but in 67 there was no 427 option for Cougars. If you want to get really specific, the S code in 67-69 Cougars was always the 390 4bbl.

The only year you could possible get a 427 (side oiler) in was in 68 and that was the GT-E on the odd chance that they put in in there instead of the 428, because you didn't get that choice.

I didn't say it came with the 427 in it. That is what I was running when I was racing it. I know what an S code is! I've been around these cars for a very long time my father has 6 R code cars, 1 Q code, and 2 K code and one of the K code cars was built by Mr. Shelby. Also one of the R cars is one of the original 50 68 1/2 mustangs.

NoPistons

Established Member
I had a 67 XR7. I loved that car to death, but it just wasnt practical while I am in college. It was just a 302 automatic, but I ported the head, and did some bolt ons. It was a great car, but the ladies dont want to ride in a car that needs paint and doesnt have AC...so I sold it and bought a 96 Cobra. Its a great car and all but it just isnt the same.

Users who are viewing this thread