Anyone have long term BPPV?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
My ex had it or has it still for all I know and it sucked for her. She would do the home remedies and took some sort of medication for it which made her feel tired so she tried to stick to the exercises which would help enough. It would come and go, but some weeks were really bad where she would have to pull over if she was driving. I don't know too much about it except that, but best of luck to you.

Thanks and I hope things improve for her. Usually there are timeframes and milestones that you can expect to reach with illnesses- with this there is none except "we think/hope it will improve with time"..... lol- oh well. At least my wife likes to drive fast so worst case scenario if I can't drive again I'll have to live vicariously through her. Hopefully it won't come to that though. She's driving my "new to me" STI like she stole it:nonono:

BV600

Established Member
Hopefully you get some resolution with your MRIs. I was exactly like you then after 5 days of some serious Steroid Infusion I was almost back 100%.
I know the driving feeling, I think I was more upset that I couldnt drive the new GT I ordered more than anything. before I received IV treatment I was a passenger in a golf going 130mph on the autobahn with my wife driving, worst feeling ever.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I don't have BPPV but I do have an Acoustic Neuroma pressing on my cochlear nerve in my right ear. When I was first diagnosed with it there were days I couldn't even stand. My brain has adjusted to the dizziness but the ringing in my ear is present 24/7.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Hopefully you get some resolution with your MRIs. I was exactly like you then after 5 days of some serious Steroid Infusion I was almost back 100%.
I know the driving feeling, I think I was more upset that I couldnt drive the new GT I ordered more than anything. before I received IV treatment I was a passenger in a golf going 130mph on the autobahn with my wife driving, worst feeling ever.

Went in for the MRI but they were backed up. Basically the ENT Doc did some tests to rule out BPPV. He scheduled me for an audiogram tomorrow to see what the next step is.

I don't have BPPV but I do have an Acoustic Neuroma pressing on my cochlear nerve in my right ear. When I was first diagnosed with it there were days I couldn't even stand. My brain has adjusted to the dizziness but the ringing in my ear is present 24/7.

He thought it could have been that but I have no ringing in my ears. He did use a tuning fork to determine I had a pretty significant loss on the left side of my head- he said the audiogram will help determine a lot more accurately what's going on. Unfortunately since I've worked around diesel and turbine engines over the last 2 decades, hearing loss is to be expected so I don't know how much good it will do. But he said the riods will help a lot...... My OIC is getting pissed but I don't know what to tell him. Reading and typing (which is what I do all day long- I'm a logistics account manager now) takes every bit of concentration I have. I'd be useless at work right now. Oh well- that's what he gets paid the big bucks for:lol:

Thanks for all the help, advice and words of encouragement fellow SVTP'ers. It's been a big help and is greatly appreciated!!:beer:

Last edited:

Sick SVT

Established Member
I dont know anything about the above info but I felt I needed to give my two cents. I had a medical condition that the doctors couldnt figure out at first. I was very nauseous after almost every meal and doctors couldnt figure it out. It ruined alot of my teen years and the stress alone of not being able to figure it out was immense. I dont mean to ramble but my point is try not to let the anxiety of everything get to you. My condition is nothing like yours but I know it can get stressful thinking about it and waiting for answers. They will find the issue and get you all fixed up and driving in no time!

Users who are viewing this thread