Anyone have info on the ProCharger???

Hunter6

Established Member
There are some great pic's in the Pic's and Videos Buffet of an 03 with a new ProCharger. I went to their website but they do not have any spec's on it yet. From what I can read they are claiming 700rwhp on 91 octane. Does anyone have any info at all? Price? Power? Anything?:??:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Hunter6
There are some great pic's in the Pic's and Videos Buffet of an 03 with a new ProCharger. I went to their website but they do not have any spec's on it yet. From what I can read they are claiming 700rwhp on 91 octane. Does anyone have any info at all? Price? Power? Anything?:??:

I saw more yakking yesterday, could not find this morning in the 30 seconds I looked. The search should give you a couple of threads. Modularfords.com also has some yakking.
JW

Rwick7

Established Member
One car has been dynoed so far with a P1SC and 14lbs of boost it made 590 rwhp with the stock fuel system. More numbers will be coming VERY shortly.

Hunter6

Established Member
Could someone explain how you can get 600-700 rwhp out of the ProCharger on pump gas but you need 100 octane to get similar numbers on the KB?

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by Hunter6
Could someone explain how you can get 600-700 rwhp out of the ProCharger on pump gas but you need 100 octane to get similar numbers on the KB?

There are KB Cobra's with 650+ tunned on Pump Gas..

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
We will see about the ProCharger. I am very excited at the prospect of the centrifugal blowers that can make as much or more than the Kenne Bells. The only thing I am a little concerned about is the lack of low end grunt typically seen with a centri as compared to the Roots or Twin Screw. We will find out soon enough.

Hunter6

Established Member
"There are KB Cobra's with 650+ tunned on Pump Gas.."

Oh, my bad. I was under the impression that you had to stay below ~15psi/~550rwhp to run on pump gas with the KB. Maybe someone could educate me on why some say you need to run race gas while others are running ok on pump gas?

I would prefer to get the KB, but lately I have been leary because I wanted 600rwhp+...but I also wanted to fill up at the gas station.

Who has the KB with 600+rwhp on pump gas? What octane/psi?

Thanks for educating an ignorant man.:)

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
The tune on cars running race gas is more aggressive/pushing the envelope in terms of timing and air/fuel tables. It also depends on what kind of supporting mods you have that will help overall efficency which will allow you more leanancy on octane requirements.....thats about all i know about it.....

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Hunter - I beleive HBH made 614rwhp@17psi, all the strictly pro cars make over 600rwhp at 17-19psi, and Hammer is WELL over 600rwhp on pump. I think he made around 680rwhp with higher octane.

Hunter6

Established Member
Wow, that's interesting. Thanks for the info. I thought you had to go to 100+ octane to safely get 600=rwhp. That's good news as my goal is to get 600+rwhp on 92/3+ octane.

davidmax

Established Member
Hunter,WAKE UP,nothing commercial will lay down 700 at the motor which is what there saying on pump gas,you need 100+.We can do a gen7 like on my beast and preprogram a 91/94/97/100/104 octane CD'S ready for 15 second downloads no pulley changes,just all the qualities of a Turbo car ,however you will need some low impedence 94 Lb.injectors,and a return fuel system.
Give me a call at the shop if you want to run the D1SC1 step up from base we can easily nail you down a long lasting 625 rwhp motor good for 200k+ milesIf we do cams,heads and headerss to go with what you've got on exhaust even though a 3" system from the back of the Collector straight back with 2 Maggies(LOUD) and muscular you will be good for another 50+ net ponnies at te tires.
Sean and I have been building some great setups,now that I have the C-4 with manual valvebody coming,along with a 4500 stall that with all the muscle of the stroke launches at 6000,RPM it glues your eyes to the back of your sockets.
Give my best to the guys and were Buds if you want to do some work I will cut you 1 outstanding deal and give you back 1 very fast Cobra,probably 2nd fastest in the state behind the beast,and if you can drag race well that 6 speed will kick my butt.I only went C-4 because I will blow a motor if I have to shift the stick,the autos like myself a NO BRAINER.
Lets all get together in weeks to come and do a Sat Pavillions and I could follow you guys to Sierra Vista and hop into Tucson for a Bite.Hope to see you soon and I would love to do your motor and or get you the parts and I can walk you through the process.
GOOD LUCK,Dave Smilovic

Hunter6

Established Member
Dave,

That sounds great. Thanks for the offer. I am still not convinced at which direction I want to go. Also what kind of deal can you cut me on the overstocked Accufabs?

Users who are viewing this thread