Anyone have experience with MAC CAI?

cardinales15

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone had any experience good or bad with the MAC cold air setup. I am interested in the intake that goes from the fender wall to the mass air sensor.

I tried searching but since MAC is 3 letters the search function doesn't like 2-4 letter words.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
They suck. Not only it is a HOT air intake, the chrome doesn't last long. Spend your money somewhere else. Perferably, JLT.

LDC2335

Established Member
ignore the comments on hot air intake etc. Ive done test and posted results on intake temp test in the engine compartment vs the fender and while moving they were like a degree apart or something like that and the pipe doesnt get hot enough to significantly heat the air that is at the same time cooling the pipe ,,.. Dont waste your money. Stay stock with a drop in K&N, or save up for a C&L.

JLT and C&L also sell budget kits that have a filter, filter adapter and heat shield. Thats a good idea also.

If you dont mind losing your strut tower brace, get a JLT... Not worth it to me unless you only drive your car in straight lines.

search the site for air intake, you'll see tons of arguments, i mean "threads" just like this one.

Last edited:

Boss 327

All Motor
Established Member
the c&l kinda suck. when i got mine, the filterr doesent really fit on the end of the maf. it bent a little when i put it on.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Ive used a mac, BBK and C&L intakes. As long as you keep them clean they work just as well as everything else. Everyone on here seems to think that a metal CAI causes the air to become hot. If it does, its not a big enough heat transfer to make a difference. I say do it.

Also G-Ride.. I doubt you bent a C&L intake putting on a MAF unless you were putting it on with a sledge hammer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread