Anyone have experience with E85 conversion on NA 2015+ Mustang GT?

BradleJC

I am putting together a parts list for converting my 2015 Mustang GT to E85 and I am not sure what all I absolutely need. I do know I am staying Naturally Aspirated with a GT350 intake manifold, throttle body, and CAI. That being said, do I need new pumps, hats, fuel lines, rails, and injectors? Or is some of the stock stuff going to be compatible/sufficient. And can I stay with a returnless system? Having a hard time finding a definite complete system to buy, and I would like to save money by using stock stuff if it will work.

Last edited:

whatsup62

Established Member
Just buy a FF tune and you can run anything from 87 octane to straight E85 and the car will adjust to it. NOTHING else needed.

ThomasL

Established Member
It's my understanding you don't need a full system overhaul for an n/a e85 setup. I'd say injectors and an e85 specific tune at most. Like he ^^^^ said some tuners also offer a flexfuel tune that requires nothing but the tune.

69b302

Established Member
I run the flex fuel tune with a CAI as only mod. I beleive you will need injectors to handle the higher rpm power the Gt350 intake and TB will provide.

BradleJC

So, with a set of ID1000s (or smaller if possible), a fuel pump booster (JMS or Kenne Bell), and a tune, I should be good to go? the factory fuel pump, lines and rails will work with the extra pressure and the E85?

Last edited:

whatsup62

Established Member
So, with a set of ID1000s (or smaller if possible), a fuel pump booster (JMS or Kenne Bell), and a tune, I should be good to go? the factory fuel pump, lines and rails will work with the extra pressure and the E85?

id1000's ...NO
BAP... NO

Depends on your tuner...some recommend injectors some do not. The most you would need are the Ford racing 47# injectors and yes stock lines, rails and fuel pump will do fine.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I can't understand why these cars are not Flex-Fuel from the factory. SIGH.

kcc05211

Established Member
I am putting together a parts list for converting my 2015 Mustang GT to E85 and I am not sure what all I absolutely need. I do know I am staying Naturally Aspirated with a GT350 intake manifold, throttle body, and CAI. That being said, do I need new pumps, hats, fuel lines, rails, and injectors? Or is some of the stock stuff going to be compatible/sufficient. And can I stay with a returnless system? Having a hard time finding a definite complete system to buy, and I would like to save money by using stock stuff if it will work.

I have the lund flex fuel tune, JLT and everything else is factory. I went 11.8 @116.5 withe e85. You only need larger injectors if you change the intake.

rmurer

Established Member
More often then not i see people saying use ID1000's because of the material used is less likely to degrade from the E85 compared to the LU47's

69b302

Established Member
More often then not i see people saying use ID1000's because of the material used is less likely to degrade from the E85 compared to the LU47's

ID1300s are the stainless steel versions specifically for E85.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I so need to get my crap together and order a flex fuel tune for my GT. Sounds like it makes an extreme difference.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I so need to get my crap together and order a flex fuel tune for my GT. Sounds like it makes an extreme difference.

You better believe it!

CAI, GT350 mani, TB, LTs, CB, e85/FF tune. 11s at 118mph all day.

Save the monies though, after a while of racecar shifting, you will be needing another transmission (unless you arent double clutching like you should).

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just found out there is E85 a few miles away from me :banana:

I'm in the same situation. Finally an E85 station has went in about 5 miles from where I work.

You better believe it!

Save the monies though, after a while of racecar shifting, you will be needing another transmission (unless you arent double clutching like you should).

I'm more of a track day, twisty backroad kind of guy, so I should be good.. Though I might try one or two trips to the 'ole straight track. ;-)

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
You better believe it!

wrong.

I ran 11.8 @ 118 with FF tune and DR

Users who are viewing this thread