Anyone have EGR delete?

cobra96stang

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra with an EGR delete and SCT software on it. I live in Tx. and can't get it to pass state
and have been told there is no way to tune it out. I would just put the EGR stuff back on but
whoever did the delete cut the harness connectors off for all the solenoids by the supercharger
so am gonna have issues with that also.

Anyone running EGR delete and SCT know a way to get it to pass?

TXEnginerd

Established Member
I went through something similar. The EGR readiness monitor will just sit there in a not ready state indefinitely if it isn't hooked up. The problem with that is that the catalyst monitor will also remain in a not ready state because that test is not performed until the EGR test is complete.

In order to tune it out, you need someone with dealer level access to SCT software. They have to modify a parameter that PRP users and handhelds cannot access.

Here's my thread about this:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...w-can-I-disable-readiness-monitors&highlight=

Since I have SCT Advantage and do my own tuning, I asked someone with dealer level access to modify these parameters and send me a value file to import into my tune file:

OBDII->Chronometric->Scalar->ObdII MIL Switch
OBDII->Chronometric->Scalar->Obdii Test Switch

Your tuner should be able to do it for you.

Keep in mind, whoever is doing your inspection will see the readiness monitor as "N/A". State law allows up to 1 ODBII monitors in a not ready state but N/A is at the inspector's discretion. Basically if they know your car should have EGR and it says N/A, they will probably fail you unless you know them or work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread