Anyone Have borla s-types? not stingers

Andrew1021

Established Member
I have a 03 sonic blue cobra and currently have a bassani off road x pipe and flowmasters. (which i hate). So, instead of buying a full brand new catback, i bought borla s-type mufflers, assuming they were borla stingers. However, when i called borla to double check, they said ones i have are not. They are louder then stingers but quieter then atak's. Just curious to see how it sounds if anyone has it.

Just dont want it too raspy like the atak's are, however, im not getting rid of my xpipe so i gota decide what im going to do. I might just install these and put a resonator before them, like pypes m80s or something along those lines

coposrv

Established Member
My experience is you can't get a good feel for an exhaust set up with out hearing it in person on a car exactly like your's. Every car will be a little different too. Cams, cam timing and compression all play a role. You can get a rough idea as far as the differences between H pipe and X pipe. I would put them in before I decided to add resonators or anything.

Chipper

Established Member
Why do you hate the bassani flowmaster setup you have??? I was thinking about doing that setup myself. Please let me know

1hot281

Established Member
I was unaware that Borla makes a muffler actually designated and marketed as the "stinger"

Do you know the part number?

jsonic

Established Member
Stingers and "s-type" are the same thing. I just put some on my cobra. Sound awesome with a bassani o/r x pipe. They aren't for the faint of heart tho. I can't hear the eaten in the car any more and if you dd your cobra and wake up early your neighbors will hate you lol.

jsonic

Established Member
Get em bro. You won't regret it. They pop a little bit decelerating but it's not as bad as I thought. Bassani o/r x and borlas is the best for our cars in my opinion. They are ****in loud tho lol

Users who are viewing this thread