Anyone have any updates on the 175ax (2.9Whipple)?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Im getting ready in a few months, and I want to know when this comes out... I talked to Whipple earlier this year, and they ARE in R & D... Im looking for some more inside info from someone in the know... when to expect it etc?

Anyone got somethin?:beer:

Qwk GT

Established Member
I thought I read somewhere that they weren't making this for our cars anymore? I could be wrong though.

cobracide

Established Member
Our cars are too old, I doubt anything earthshattering and new will be made for them anymore. We will be lucky to see a Vortech VTS kit.

20psirabbit

Established Member
last thing i saw was lethal saying that whipple was going to make them but it would be a bit because they were working on other stuff?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
When I talked to a dude at Whipple who was in R and D, I talked about the 2.3 and the 3.4, and said, well do u have one in the middle... he said we do, but its on the Shelby, and I said, well why dont you make one for me? He giggled and said, well, later this year (09) we just may release one, so I said should I hold out for a few months, and he said, I probably would...

So, to me that means they are making one.:lol1: Or the dude didnt want to sell me a blower... Im dead set on getting one, and hell Ill even let them R and D it on my damn car if they dont scratch it.:rockon:

GodStang

Established Member
When I talked to a dude at Whipple who was in R and D, I talked about the 2.3 and the 3.4, and said, well do u have one in the middle... he said we do, but its on the Shelby, and I said, well why dont you make one for me? He giggled and said, well, later this year (09) we just may release one, so I said should I hold out for a few months, and he said, I probably would...

So, to me that means they are making one.:lol1: Or the dude didnt want to sell me a blower... Im dead set on getting one, and hell Ill even let them R and D it on my damn car if they dont scratch it.:rockon:

I would not hold my breath. Whipple had a release date of October 31st 2006 for the 3.4L. Posted in every forum that that was the release date. They date came around and no one was heard from. Whipple disappeared. 6 months later the finally came out with one and said sorry we had better projects to do. Left a bunch of us high and dry.

If you are looking at whipple and you are thinking of the 2.9L I would just go get the 3.4L. The 3.4L can do everything the 2.9L can but the 2.9L can not do everything the 3.4L can ie run 30+psi.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member

Good info bro. In case you missed it, there's a little more info on a 2.9L for our cars in this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...upercharger-pricing-released-only-lethal.html

Also, when was it that you spoke to Whipple about this?

It seems to me that they've been bombarded with demand for a 2.9L blower for our cars. I think it'd be a huge mistake on their part to not release a 2.9L kit for our cars. Jared has spoke to Dustin about this blower for our cars. I believe at this point we just have to be patient.

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Good info bro. In case you missed it, there's a little more info on a 2.9L for our cars in this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...upercharger-pricing-released-only-lethal.html

Also, when was it that you spoke to Whipple about this?

It seems to me that they've been bombarded with demand for a 2.9L blower for our cars. I think it'd be a huge mistake on their part to not release a 2.9L kit for our cars. Jared has spoke to Dustin about this blower for our cars. I believe at this point we just have to be patient.

Hey B, it was while I was workin, so it'd had to been way back in late January... Its been 6 months, so I thought I'd check in.

Godstand, I don't want a 3.4. Friend has one and it gets too mother f in hot TOO fast. I dont want an ice chest in the trunk so I can run good boost, and I dont want to have too much boost. I want 650 rw on pump at under 18 psi, and I know its doable with a larger than 2.3 blower, LTs and possibly cams (if I need em). 800 on race gas would be plenty, and the 3.4 will do a lot more than that, and again I don't need that. I also don't want the extra torque the larger displacement blower adds. I am in no hurry, if they are making one, I can wait another year or two. Just would like to know. My luck is I order a 2.3 and the 2.9 comes out a week later.:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread