Anyone have any info on gloss vs. satin Rally Stripes?

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
In all of the builds i have done online, the site lists the rally stripes being gloss, but the pictures released show the black satin stripes. There was some speculation that the stripe finish may be related to the SVTPP or not, but i havent seen anything more definitive yet. Anyone out there with info?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
In all of the builds i have done online, the site lists the rally stripes being gloss, but the pictures released show the black satin stripes. There was some speculation that the stripe finish may be related to the SVTPP or not, but i havent seen anything more definitive yet. Anyone out there with info?

as of right now, quite a few things are wrong on the ford website...check the order guide that was posted on the threads page of this section, that one has most of the correct codes

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
I've been all over that guide and there is no mention either way...have to wait i guess until the order banks pfficially open with pricing on 3/21? Asked my dealer to harass the regional Ford rep and find out.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I've been all over that guide and there is no mention either way...have to wait i guess until the order banks pfficially open with pricing on 3/21? Asked my dealer to harass the regional Ford rep and find out.

well im telling you the stripes are not gloss, they are flat. order banks are actually open today, so i was told by a dealer down here.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
well, thats good. i prefer the satin stripes for sure, but it wasnt a deal breaker. the banks here are 'open' without the pricing and the official memo regarding order bank availability on 3/21 showed up at the dealership today, soooo, im just wanting to maek sure my order gets put in correctly.

peteypab2133

Established Member
yeah, the stripes are considered 2 colors. Gloss and "Low Gloss". After seeing the black stripes in person at the auto show I can guess the low gloss is considered satin or flat or matte. I think they look pretty aggressive in that color.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
yeah, the stripes are considered 2 colors. Gloss and "Low Gloss". After seeing the black stripes in person at the auto show I can guess the low gloss is considered satin or flat or matte. I think they look pretty aggressive in that color.

How do you know which will be supplied?

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
i order a white with black stripes and my vehicle order confirmation list gloss black code # 854

same here, but thats the issue, it lists gloss black, but i think satin is the correct description or "low gloss". I'm curious if theres any way to know for sure...

peteypab2133

Established Member
How do you know which will be supplied?

That I actually do not know . When they ordered mine they said gloss and I got nervous. Then after further review it said low gloss. I think certain colors are affected based off the accent stripe you pick during interior...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lboast

2013 SHELBY GT500
I've compared my black stripes to samples at the local graphics shop, and they are definitely without a doubt, satin. I don't care for the gloss, and the flat black would be ok, but not a match if I got in an accident and needed part of the stripes replaced in the damaged area.

dffej51

Established Member
I have a 2014 Ruby red matellac with the black stripes and while they said gloss on order they are definitely flat black which is what I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread