Anyone have any experience with the LFP intercooler core?

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Just wondering about these. I can't find anyone who has one, that can give actual results.

If anyone has any real results, before and after coolant temp numbers or anything else, would love to hear it.

The same goes for the Amazon core as well. Any real info would be great.

Thanks guys!

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
dont think youll find any huge drop in the IAT2's its not meant to be a better unit persay. it is a better made unit as rick has made note of in his posts. but its a factory replacement, at half the cost.

that being said i believe melman on NLOC has one in his truck that posts alot.

RMoore92

Established Member
LFP claims theirs will lower your IAT2 temps 7-10 degrees and cool down time by 1/3rd of the stock core. I to would like to see some before and after results to see if this is true.

ViciousJay

Established Member
LFP claims theirs will lower your IAT2 temps 7-10 degrees and cool down time by 1/3rd of the stock core. I to would like to see some before and after results to see if this is true.

hahaha thats it? i can do that with 3 handfulls of ice cubes in the resv... hell i dropped .3 tenths at the track ona 95+ day

RMoore92

Established Member
hahaha thats it? i can do that with 3 handfulls of ice cubes in the resv... hell i dropped .3 tenths at the track ona 95+ day

Don't shoot the messenger sir!! I just pulled it off their website, hell it could just be some marketing to try and move some units. I'm set on getting a killer chiller soon to fix my IAT2 temps.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
If you're in need of a replacement IC due to your IC leaking then the Amazon or LFP ICs are a great option at a much more reasonable price than a factory replacement. If you're looking to lower your charge temps then you can't beat the Killer Chiller. Hands down the KC is the best IC cooling mod available for these trucks IMO.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
It is amazing to me that these products are offered with no testing data made available. Airflow #s and temps should have been thouroughly tested before being marketed. We have no idea how these stack up against stock units.
Are they cheaper than stock? YES. But do they flow more, or less, air? Do they cool as efficiently as stock? Better? Less? Before I dropped cash I want to know what I am buying.
Jim

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
data was provided ..it just was not as inclusive as you wanted to see..
the experts at Griffin felt that the results we got were sufficient enough to market the units as a replacement unit equal to or just slighlty better than a stock unit..Griffin has been producing and marketing cooling products for a very long time and there is no reason for us to doubt that the unit does as intended..
from all reports we have gotten back from guys who have purchased this unit they have been very happy with the product..each of them had failed or failing intercooler cores and the only other choice they had was to buy a stock OEM unit that was twice as much..seems like a win win situation to me...with or without further data testing..

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
you have to have had the updated recall done or it will not fit without redrilling.. we are working on a plate so it will be a direct bolt on..

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
i plan on getting one for my cobra when i swap it to a whipple. I agree that it isnt a better unit just a better than stock replacement

Users who are viewing this thread