anyone have an slp line loc kit?

IMPORTSMOKER

Established Member
thinking about getting the slp brake line loc kit....to help me out with a better burnout before staging...anyone have it? whats the difficult/simplicity of the install?? thanks

davyh72

Established Member
I like the kit. The install is a little tough just because of the tight fit in the area you mount the solenoid with the cobra and the fact you have to remove the master cylinder--but very do-able. I would think it would be cake with a gt. Here's some tips that worked for me. After you remove the master cylinder keep it upright, take a moment and look where the bleeder valves (2) are on the master clylinder, you will need to bleed these after the install. When drilling the holes for the solenoid here'sa what I did. Install the lines, solenoid, master cylinder and get the solenoid where you want it and mark where to drill. Remove everything again. Then take a sheet of paper and place it over the marks. Trace onto the paper where your marks are and mark some other reference points (top, bottom,front). Jack up and remove left front tire, use a jack stand! Then use the paper on the inner fender area to find excatly where to drill. Also make sure you bleed the master cylinder first then at the brake calipers after the install. I found it's easier to remove the wheels to bleed the brake calipers. Here is a link of Slp's instructions- http://www.slponline.com/inst/M25000.pdf
Davy

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
It is a good kit. It is very complete.
It is just that it's almost impossible to install, and worse if you have large hands.
If you do do it, get some really short wrenches.
Find someone with tiny hands.

I have installed both SLP and Hurst kits and the only way I'll do another SLP is with the engine out. It about a 20 minute job then.

Dana

Sniffer

Established Member
The SLP line loc kit works great. but a pain to install. it took me 3.5 hrs to install.

SVTboy

Established Member
I just installed one the other day, it is a tight fit, I opted not to remove the MC. I did most of the job from under the car, but, I have a tubular K member that made it easier. I would suggest getting both a 13mm and 10mm line wrench and cutting them down to about two or three inches, this will be your biggest help. Other than that it works great, waaaaaayyy easier to heat the tires without burning up the rear brakes....

Last edited:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
The SLP is a great, complete kit. But a pain in the ass to install.

I reccomend the Hurst kit. It is not a complete kit but all you have to do is buy the adaptor kit. You need the 174-5000 roll control kit (has switch, solenoid valve, a light - not usually used, and some 1/8" pipe plugs) and you need the adaptor kit 567-1516 (has 3/16" inverted flare to 10mm bubble flare adaptors, best used for connecting at the ABS control, at the MC01 port).

You don't need the 567-1510 install kit (about $25), because all you need are the 3/16" brake line pieces. Go to your local auto parts and buy a couple of 20" long brake line tubing pieces that have the 3/16" inverted flare ends and fittings on them. Maybe buy an extra in case you mess up when bending. Get a cheapo tubing bender tool as well.

After getting the install kit and brake line tubing, the cost comes out the same. But the ease of install with the Hurst as compared to the SLP was worth it to me.

You can get the Hurst Roll control system from Lethal performance for $120 and ask for the adaptor kit(part# 567-1516), which is about $16. Plus Lethal is having a sale right now! So you get a discount on top of that! http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...268/hu-1745000-hurst-roll-control-system.html

Also, here is a helpful page for reference when installing the kit. But you only need the part numbers I listed above!: http://www.lx.net/jlynch/line-lock.html

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The thing about the SLP kit is that it is a direct bolt on with no fabrication necessary at all. Granted, it's a little tight and takes some patience, but I really liked the clean, neat install once it was all done.

trsnake04

I have the slp line loc.Took me 30 mins to install and 10 mins to bleed the brakes out. I left the MC in. Small line wrenchs helded out great. To mount it just put it were you want it and use a small angle drill and drill the two holes in the inner fender wall and bolt it together. the kit is the way to go if you don't want to cut bend or flare the brake lines.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
There's one other thing here to consider. I have been told the SLP kit is not NHRA legal. I have no idea why.

Maybe Dana or Postban can chime in here as to why.

MVD

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
There's one other thing here to consider. I have been told the SLP kit is not NHRA legal. I have no idea why.

I believe it is illegal because it is installed before the proportioning valve.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Ive got the SLP also, was installed when engine was out so it was a snap. Havent actually used it yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread