Anyone have an Ipod Jack for there car

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Peripheral Electronics makes an interface that charges the Ipod and lets you control it through the Mach 460 HU.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I have the same Peripheral Electronics interface thingy but mine connects through the headphone port

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
go here:
Peripheral Electronics

I am pretty sure if you but the universal aux jack and the PXDX harness/adapter thing it should just plug right into the back of the headunit then you can plug your mp3 player into it.

edit:
nvr mind the generic aux adapter wont work with 6 disc changers, aka mach 460

Last edited:

2001cobra!

the new one
Established Member
i just plug my ipod in to the aux port on my satellite radio though swicthing through five stations while :nonono:driving isn't good. and quality sucks but i get to listen so win some lose some i guess?:shrug:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
go here:
Peripheral Electronics

I am pretty sure if you but the universal aux jack and the PXDX harness/adapter thing it should just plug right into the back of the headunit then you can plug your mp3 player into it.

edit:
nvr mind the generic aux adapter wont work with 6 disc changers, aka mach 460

And I don't think it'll work for the '99 style head units with the separate CD player on the bottom. Although I have seen audio input jacks that go in place of the CD player's wiring harness on these head units.

You're right, the FM modulators suck. They are just awful. I'd recommend getting a decent aftermarket head unit with a set of aux inputs. Or you can get one with stereo bluetooth to use with a stereo bluetooth phone such as an iphone or android. No wires!

Oh, and for the record.... I use a... get this... Tape adaptor!!! :rockon: It's so freakin ridiculous. Reminds me of when CD players first came out and it was all the rage to have a portable CD player stuck to the dash like on the movie "Wayne's World". But hey, it works for now, and it sounds better than an FM modulator. Since I never use the tape player for anything else, I was thinking of taking the faceplate off and routing the wire down through the back of the head unit and into the center console somewhere. After putting the faceplate back on, make sure the trap door is closed so it hides the tape inside.

Homer

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
^Yeah man, you're right that these will not work with 99 cobras and I am pretty sure they also don't work with 04 cobras. And they also do not charge second gen iphones and touchs. Lucky me for having the first gen touch.

Users who are viewing this thread