Anyone have a side job besides their normal 8-5 for extra cash??

stalian999

Established Member
So I moved to Orlando in June to start my new job with Lockheed Martin and work from 6:30am-4 and end up bs'ing in my apt on the comp and tv for the remainder of the day. I go to the gym and cook dinner every night but I am looking for something to do to kill some time and make some extra money. Does anyone here have a work from home business on top of their 40 hour full time job? If so, what is it and how well are you doing? Thanks!!!

I have been looking into that Monavie stuff but its basically a pyramid type of scam.

Adower

Established Member
Geeze I wish I could. I work 8:30-5. However, I gotta get up at 6:45 to get ready and commute. I get home around 6:15, eat dinner, go to the gym and get ready for the next day and go to sleep.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
you could always be a whore

seriously stop being a loser and meet people

stalian999

Established Member
I have met alot of people. Always out for happy hour and grabbin dinner with co workers. Just looking for a side job to make a little bit more money to help out with buying a house/property next year.

stalian999

Established Member
Orlando isn't all cut out like you think it is. Most people who I work with travel a min. of 20 minutes to work because orlando is chaos. Way too many tourist clutter it all up.

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
If you're going to work at the Lockheed Martin on Rouse and Lk Underhill, check out places at Waterford Town Centre. They just recently opened up another portion of the town centre across the street. Maybe a waiting job?

hb712

Established Member
I run a small performance shop in my spare time, although that has become quite difficult with my new job. It keeps me busy and, it's the only thing I really enjoy doing.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Orlando isn't all cut out like you think it is. Most people who I work with travel a min. of 20 minutes to work because orlando is chaos. Way too many tourist clutter it all up.

Bah. Born and raised there.

Hop on Orlandoforums.com. Plenty of posts of parties on where to meet friends and girls or guys.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
I do some engineering on the side, small projects. It's slower this year but still brings in about $1G or so a month.

MonkeysL

Established Member
i rep for a numerous amount of supplement companies and do sell performance parts for cars/trucks/atv......

blwn306

Established Member
I sell the monavie on the side..and its decent money..I dont do the sign people up deal..I make my money actually selling the product...and if one of my customers want to sign up then they will..but im not gonna pressure anyone casue to tell you the truth it takes along time to make money that way...you make 20 bucks profit off each sell..and in flordia that drink is big....

SVT8U

Established Member
i found myself in a simialr situation, but there is n way I could go back to waiting tables or working in a bar agian. Good money, but I hate the job.

I picked up a newspaper delivery route for the local liberal propoganda rag. 4 hours a night, all I have to do is drive around, listen to my music, do whatever I want, and throw some trash out the window. its so retarded easy you wouldnt believe it. and I bring in 900+ a week ontop of my other job.

the hours kinda suck, third shift pretty much, but I can pull over and take a nap whenever i want, I can be as late as I want as long as I get done at a reasonable time, i am my own boss. also the hours keep my out of the bars 4 nights a week like I used to be doing, pending a few hundred on partying every week. plus I dont sleep well anyway.

its the perfect second job for me. I get bored not working alot, and I have alot of friends and end up doing something every night.

ah well, maybe if we work hard now while we're young we wont have to once we are old :D

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
If you like driving, you could always chauffeur on the side. I used to drive Town Cars and DeVilles back and forth to NYC airports. Tips can be pretty good too. I may get back into it if the time allows.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
I do IT consulting on the side. installing home networks, procuring computer parts, troubleshooting various issues, etc. It's really good money for a 2nd job. I need more of it. :)

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
So I moved to Orlando in June to start my new job with Lockheed Martin and work from 6:30am-4 and end up bs'ing in my apt on the comp and tv for the remainder of the day. I go to the gym and cook dinner every night but I am looking for something to do to kill some time and make some extra money. Does anyone here have a work from home business on top of their 40 hour full time job? If so, what is it and how well are you doing? Thanks!!!

I have been looking into that Monavie stuff but its basically a pyramid type of scam.

I detail cars on the side from time to time for 120-150 a car. I also help my wife with her Pet sitting business when she needs it.

Pet Sitting is EASY too- as long as you like animals. A friend of ours who helped us start the business has been doing it for 5 yrs now and is pulling 60k plus a yr:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread