anyone have a portable XM radio unit??

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
I was wondering if it would still recieve signal if you were inside a building (my guess is no). I have XM in my truck and loose it going under a bridge but I was hoping the portable units had some sort of way to recieve the signal when they are not outside.

I was looking at getting the Pioneer Inno but it would be useless if I can't listen to it at work. I can't seem to find a definate answer anywhere so I hope someone here can shed some light.

Thanks!

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
got hp said:
I was wondering if it would still recieve signal if you were inside a building (my guess is no). I have XM in my truck and loose it going under a bridge but I was hoping the portable units had some sort of way to recieve the signal when they are not outside.

I was looking at getting the Pioneer Inno but it would be useless if I can't listen to it at work. I can't seem to find a definate answer anywhere so I hope someone here can shed some light.

Thanks!

I have XM in both of my vehicles, and even going under the mile-long tunnel we have near downtown Phoenix, neither of our vehicles loses signal in any way. None of the bridges I go under affect the signal, either. And so far, parking garages haven't affected anything either. Only weather seems to affect it so far.

Last edited:

bglf83

Established Member
got hp said:

Thanks!

signal will be lost when you go inside the building. the sat. signal cannot go throuhg metal. the olnly buildings that the unit will work in are one that have sat. repeaters in them (ex. L.A. fitness).

Users who are viewing this thread