Anyone have a lift?

torquemonster

Established Member
So my car has been taken a beating down here on these seattle streets, and my problem is i hear rattling and squeaks of all sorts coming from my suspension. My question to you guys is, do any of you have a car lift i could use for a day or so, so i can tighten up everything underneath (suspension parts, bolts, etc...) and figure out what my problems are with the car????
My car still handles like normal, its just whenever i hit a bump or dip in the road, i hear loud rattling, and it is driving me nuts.
If anyone could help me out that would be awsome! I dont want to take it to a shop and spend a ton of money for them to simply tighten things up or do things i can do on my own. Thanks for any help!:bowdown:

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
If you hear rattling over bumps the common items are Cat Shields/Exhaust items, Brake Caliper clips, or with your car I would hazard to guess any of the 47 cross braces on the rig... :)

Another thing to consider with your car is that you need to be greasing those bushings of yours on a regular basis. If they dry out, you'll start to hear some noises not to mention that they will tear.

What about just grabbing 4 of those large SUV jack stands and getting the car 24" in the air..........?

torquemonster

Established Member
See, im young and pretty uneducated on thethings i need to know & do bout my car, for example i didnt know i needed to be greasing anything up...crap.

I know for a fact that the brake clips are on wrong and are rattling. I hear most of the rattling noises coming from the front. And a little noise or two from the rear.

Will- All have is one floor jack, do you have any others i could borrow if i cant get an actual lift???? Anyone want to help me out if we get a nice sunny day in the next week or two? Anthony? Joe? anyone? :poke:
Thanks for the help will, you have already gave me something i need to look for and when going ove my car! Any other help/advice is greatly appreciated!!:-D

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Anytime you want to swing up this way, I have 4 large jack stands and we can crawl under there and take a peek.

torquemonster

Established Member
saleen09 said:
Anytime you want to swing up this way, I have 4 large jack stands and we can crawl under there and take a peek.

Thanks will, sounds great. By the way, i noticed a few months ago that my brake lines were rubbing my rear tires. How do i go about fixing that? I ducked taped them out of the way as a temporary fix so they wouldnt ruin the tires...but need to be reassembled or something...
I'll pm you when i see some decent weather in the forecast, and we'll figure something out. Thanks a lot, I really really appreciate it! -trey.

Last edited:

torquemonster

Established Member
Shangsta said:
The brake lines rubbing is not a good thing, remember what happened and it wasnt the tires that got the bad end. You probably need to get the brake lines rebent

Ya, they werent rubbing very long before i noticed the problem. i will most derfinatley make sure they are in working condition though... i check them bout every other time i drive, and they are still taped out of the way...

torquemonster

Established Member
Shangsta said:
Let me know when too id be down. If you need a lift ive got a line on one we can use so let me know.

Who you know with a lift? henrys? and if you want me to pick up the konis and drive shaft loop for you from aj let me know...may be able to do that if everything's gonna fir into my car

schef

Established Member
I got a buddy who has acess to a lift and I bet he would be more than willing to hook you up, he's in lynnwood

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Trey will probably pm you tommorow as he is in canada right now without access to a comp but i talked to him on the phone and he was interested in using your friends lift as the lift i have access to is all the way in kent

Users who are viewing this thread