Anyone have a KB 3.2 on a 3v?

FordEvangelist

Established Member
I just found out KB makes a 3.2 blower for the 3v. I have a 2007 GT 3v with a maxed out Whipple 2.3... anyone run the KB 3.2 on a 3v? I'm very interested in this as an option.

Thanks.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I would never go from a whipped to a on first of all unless it was going to be very low boost for the big blower due to heat issues.
Many have gone to the VMP modded TVS with good success.

FordEvangelist

Established Member
I would never go from a whipped to a on first of all unless it was going to be very low boost for the big blower due to heat issues.
Many have gone to the VMP modded TVS with good success.

My old 2.3 Whipple is maxed out at 15# on my setup and it does generate some heat because I have to spin it so fast to even get that. The DOB R-Spec is something else I've been looking at. It's pricey but looks like a nice kit and will allow a 2.9 or 3.4 Whipple.

I am trying to lower iat's and get up to ~20# boost.

It's a built motor with oversize valves, cams, headers and already has all necessary fuel mods.

SilverGTvert

Established Member
The 3.2 is very new and good for about 5psi more than the 2.8 mammoth. Cool that it's physically the same size as the 2.8.

As a reference, the 2.8 on a 3V will make 820-850rwhp. Mine made 843 using stock 3v heads. Expect another 75hp with the larger 3.2.

with that said, the DOB R-Spec is the best twin screw option for BIG power! Plus it has all the extra cool features - big innercooler, dedicated belt drive, 200a alternator, etc.

Last edited:

Whippled3v

Established Member
The 3.2 is very new and good for about 5psi more than the 2.8 mammoth. Cool that it's physically the same size as the 2.8.

As a reference, the 2.8 on a 3V will make 820-850rwhp. Mine made 843 using stock 3v heads. Expect another 75hp with the larger 3.2.

with that said, the DOB R-Spec is the best twin screw option for BIG power! Plus it has all the extra cool features - big innercooler, dedicated belt drive, 200a alternator, etc.

Badass numbers, what cams are you running? I'm also maxing out the 2.3 whipple at 17# with hot rod cams (I know they're limiting power but sound so good), stock ported heads, and Mac LT's. Getting a retune for e85 within the next month and hoping for 600+. Still on stock tranny/rear and the shortblock is questionable over 700 but I'd like to upgrade to the B326 down the road and run the DOB R-Spec

SilverGTvert

Established Member
With a more oxygenated fuel, like E85, you should make your goal of 600rwhp. But that 2.3 Whipple is all but spent spinning it that fast. It just wasn't designed for "big" power. For 700rwhp + with a screw you really need a larger displacement blower to keep IATs down. You have 2 options for the big screws on a 3V- KB and DOB. Otherwise a turbo will get you there easily with the right combo. I've had 4 different blowers on my car. For >850 rwhp the DOB kit makes sense for a lot of reasons.

And yes the hot rods are good for the sound, but difficult to tune and definitely hurt power. Keep in mind stock heads and cams will get you north of 750rwhp, no need to go crazy there.

Last edited:

FordEvangelist

Established Member
SilverGTVert, are you getting the R-Spec? I'm onboard with it but still researching before I commit to it. I have the stock hood but will have to get a Cobra-R hood I guess to clear the 3.4L. I'm also running ID1000's and those may have to be upgraded with the 3.4L... sigh.

I currently have a Gen I 2.3L Whipple spinning as hard as it can - close to 17,400 rpm at redline. Gets me just over 15# of boost with Stage 3 (cnc & oversized valve) heads, 127-450 cams, and ARH 1 7/8 headers. Makes right at 700rwhp on e85 but that is definitely all that is there. I have it setup for spray as well (only light testing so far) but prefer a giant ass blower instead :)

With a more oxygenated fuel, like E85, you should make your goal of 600rwhp. But that 2.3 Whipple is all but spent spinning it that fast. It just wasn't designed for "big" power. For 700rwhp + with a screw you really need a larger displacement blower to keep IATs down. You have 2 options for the big screws on a 3V- KB and DOB. Otherwise a turbo will get you there easily with the right combo. I've had 4 different blowers on my car. For >850 rwhp the DOB kit makes sense for a lot of reasons.

And yes the hot rods are good for the sound, but difficult to tune and definitely hurt power. Keep in mind stock heads and cams will get you north of 750rwhp, no need to go crazy there.

Users who are viewing this thread