Anyone have a car cover I can borrow/buy?

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Anyone have a waterproof car cover I can borrow/buy? I have a dust cover for it, but it's not waterproof. Durring the winter I am storing it over at my parents house where it is under cover, but there are no doors in the covered area so if it is windy and rains hard water can still hit the car. I just need till April when I can take the car out of hibernation. I can borrow/rent/buy whatever. Thanks

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Hey Omar. I have a Covercraft 'Sunbrella' one you can use. I use for dust only now, but you are more than welcome to use it. Custom fit with elastic. I used it outside for the first year I had the car.

Give me a buzz or pm.

GO HOKIES!

Established Member
There is no such thing as "waterproof" car covers. You need the car to breath or the paint will oxidize. I thought mine was waterproof when i got it from California car covers but it lets a ton of water through it.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
I thought there were covers that are waterproof but allow it to breathe. You get what you pay for with covers. You want to be careful, because the cheapie covers can cause swirls/scratches pretty easily.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
I don't need something super waterproof. I just something that will help if it gets splashed with a little water here and there. It looks like I'm swapping my dust cover for Scotts waterproof cover for the winter :)

Thanks again Scott.

Users who are viewing this thread