Anyone have a 5.0 trick flow top end kit and the pistons trick flow sell to use with?

TerminatedGT

Established Member
OK so looking to see if anyone here has this combo. Looking to see how much power you made and your et. Only looking for those with tfs top end kit and tfs pistons 10.1

Will find out shortly motors in the car and will post untuned base line #'s when I get them

Last edited:

WhiteSnakeMoan

Established Member
I was looking at putting the Trick Flow Top End Kit on the build I'm working on. Did you buy the whole kit new and did you install the whole kit?? Meaning the heads, cam, upper and lower intake?? Also, let me know what you think about it and if it's worth it. I'm really wanting to buy that kit but I wanted to here some opinions about it first. Thanks.

TerminatedGT

Established Member
I was looking at putting the Trick Flow Top End Kit on the build I'm working on. Did you buy the whole kit new and did you install the whole kit?? Meaning the heads, cam, upper and lower intake?? Also, let me know what you think about it and if it's worth it. I'm really wanting to buy that kit but I wanted to here some opinions about it first. Thanks.

I have ported tfs heads with wire lock gaskets 1.7 rockers 75mmtb track heat intake stage 1 cam so basicly there track heat kit I bought a part hear a part there when I could.
bottom is stock block and crank ( wish I had used the 4.2 crank its lighter ) scat rods prob pistons for the tfs head sold as tfs pistons canton pan and main girdle Nitrous is in this cars future.

Is it worth it last car I helped put a track heat top end kit on a 9.1 bottom went 13.73 full weight and 2 people 3.55 gears and trap speed was 107.9 the claim was 327 rwhp I never saw a dyno sheet. The driver had only ever made 4 passes know him personally and not a drag racer. I bought mine because of his that being said, with the added compression this thing is waking up quick fast and in a hurry part throttle just abut put me in a ditch in 2nd.

hope to get a time slip before the track is done this year.

Extremite

Established Member
13.73 isn't all that impressive, but like you said your friend isn't a drag racer. That trap speed, though...that is beautiful.

WhiteSnakeMoan

Established Member
I have ported tfs heads with wire lock gaskets 1.7 rockers 75mmtb track heat intake stage 1 cam so basicly there track heat kit I bought a part hear a part there when I could.
bottom is stock block and crank ( wish I had used the 4.2 crank its lighter ) scat rods prob pistons for the tfs head sold as tfs pistons canton pan and main girdle Nitrous is in this cars future.

Is it worth it last car I helped put a track heat top end kit on a 9.1 bottom went 13.73 full weight and 2 people 3.55 gears and trap speed was 107.9 the claim was 327 rwhp I never saw a dyno sheet. The driver had only ever made 4 passes know him personally and not a drag racer. I bought mine because of his that being said, with the added compression this thing is waking up quick fast and in a hurry part throttle just abut put me in a ditch in 2nd.

hope to get a time slip before the track is done this year.

What cam are you going to run?? It sounds like you are going to run something similar to what I am wanting to do.

Here is the bottom end I was thinking about running with the TFS Top End.
http://www.coasthigh.com/Ford-331-Flat-Top-4-0cc-Scat-Based-Kit-p/14855-sca-769-f331-1.htm

I figured it would've done a little better with all of that done to it. I say yours will do better and the with added compression. You definitely need to let me know what kind of time you get out of it. Thanks for all the info about your car.

TerminatedGT

Established Member
What cam are you going to run?? It sounds like you are going to run something similar to what I am wanting to do.

Here is the bottom end I was thinking about running with the TFS Top End.
http://www.coasthigh.com/Ford-331-Flat-Top-4-0cc-Scat-Based-Kit-p/14855-sca-769-f331-1.htm

I figured it would've done a little better with all of that done to it. I say yours will do better and the with added compression. You definitely need to let me know what kind of time you get out of it. Thanks for all the info about your car.

Right now I have the tfs stage 1 but plan on calling Cam Motion and getting a custom grind in a couple years when I want more power.

TerminatedGT

Established Member
I got the opportunity to run a C6 with a few Mod's the other night. WOW this TFS top end and the TFS pistons flat out runs the vett. Pulling about a car to a car maybe more each gear. Good time I recommend this kit to anyone on the fence about it.
My car has 3.27 gears

TerminatedGT

Established Member
No dyno or track numbers yet but from a 20 roll my car vs fox heads intake full exhaust 3.73s and a 150 wet shot ( I know it was not a fresh bottle ).
I got the hit on 3 put a car on the other 5.0 instantly but he had me by 2-3 cars at the top of 4th. I'd say good run considering I am NA.
Best times for the car I ran against on a 175 hit runs 11.51 118mph

Users who are viewing this thread