Anyone had there Mach "Stall" like 03 Cobras

Vegas Mach1

Established Member
I watch the Mach1 Registry pretty close and cannot recall a single problem with stalling. Other problems yes, stalling no.
Mach On...

2k3mk1

Established Member
I have seen a couple people post on other forums about stalling when popping in to "N" and coasting. But have not had any problems with mine in almost 11k miles now.

almach

Established Member
Mine stalled 3 times within the first 1500 miles, every time was during hard braking to stop. At that point I put the screen back in the MAF and have not seen a problem for 3500 miles.

TXRickC

Established Member
wife's '03 mach stalled a few times (mainly when new) but it was only when going into neutral coming to a stop sign/light.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
No stalling problems for me. Of coarse I use the transmission to slow down as well as the brakes. If your rpm's are over 2500 to 3000 rpm's and you push in the clutch it could very well stall. My 01GT did it a couple of times. Just got to learn to drive the car!!

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
This stalling thing is nothing new! The 99 & 01 Cobra's had the same problems. My 03 had it untill Brian at Apten reflashed my computer. I ask him to raise the idel to 800. That fixed the problem. I did the same thing with a chip in my 01 Cobra.

Tim

Coil99

Right you are, Ken.
Established Member
I have about 2,200mi on mine and no stalling yet.

However, I am watching the posts on this topic over on the Mach 1 boards. I've seen a few posts where people have stalled at "legal" highway speeds and that's what concerns me. I won't be doing 130mph (not flaming here), but the speed limit in East Tenn is 70mph, so I'll be up in that area...and don't want it to stall on me.

In reference to a previous post in this thread, I had a 99 Cobra and never had a stalling problem with it. I didn't know the stalling applied to other Mustangs.

Last edited:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Yes it did, and just like now, not all cars had it! On the 99-01's it seemed to get worse if you added a cold air kit! The 01's had a bad problem with pinging also.

Tim

MACH1PB

Established Member
there has been many problems with the machs stalling. i had a tread at the mach registry and many ppl complained that their machs stalled while coming to a stop. its true cuz it happened to me several times and just had enough about it. i checked the forums and found something on it. Its usually caused by the idle air control valve. i hear ford has a updated one and can replace it for u if they have it. i took it to the dealer and complained bout that problem along with the power loss i felt in my mach. i only had bout 2500 miles on it at that time. They had an updated program for my mach and reflashed the pcm with the new program. ever since my mach runs faster, the loss of power was brought back and never stalled again and i'm at almost 5000k on it now. The dealership did not replace my idle air control valve at that time since they didnt have one but they thought the reflash might work and it did! i hope this helped a lil bit.

03 stallion

turbo dreams........
Established Member
Mine stalled on me today. 2nd time its done it. Motor has about 1500 miles on it and this was my first time driving it in about 4 months (since the wreck). I was coasting in neutral and suddenly my steering and brakes were pretty much gone and I realized the motor was dead. I put it into 2nd gear and the motor fired right back up. I was also in the process of overheating though (bad thermostat) and was on my way to the body shop so who knows???

=-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread