Anyone had their tonsils removes?

bossvt

Established Member
Had them snipped when I was kid. All I remember is the ice cream.

FastEddie59

English/Aussie/American
Established Member
I had mine done in my early years in England, it must have been before I was 8. That was when we migrated to Australia... I remember something about ice cream...

CLN 6R

Established Member
I had mine taken out 2 years ago (when I was 20) It wasn't really that bad, but the time leading up to it sucked. I had strep about 5 times with 2 or so years, and the time prior to getting them taken out, my tonsils were inflamed and I could barely talk or swallow.

Recovery time wasn't too bad, I ate soft things for about 3 or so days and then I started moving to harder foods. Spaghetti was one of my best friends for a while, it was soft, but was actually real food compared to jello or ice cream.

I didn't have any trouble coughing up blood or anything like that, and the drugs were nice.

Rochard

Established Member
I had mine removed a few years ago. It was rather horrible really.

Went in, they put an IV in, I was out like a light. Came to, stoned to the max, wasn't feeling any pain, g/f drove me home. A few hours later the good drugs wore off. Then life sucked. Breathing hurt. They gave me liquid codine which was fun.

Just plan on taking a lot of drugs, sleeping a lot, and eating ice cream.

carnut101

Established Member
Haha yeah excuse the typo.

So..... another update. After 12+ hours of bleeding from my throat, I'm in the hospital now for a day or 2.

Users who are viewing this thread