anyone had P0345 and P0349 codes?

Eric L

Established Member
Had intermittent issues with the advance trac turning off while driving. Never threw a code though. Now the damn thing is in limp mode and throwing both of those codes! never heard of them before. Anyone got any ideas? the car is stock other than a cat-back.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
There could be a short to ground or open circuit somewhere in the cam position sensor wiring. Check your connections and wire condition. Also, I have read posts about o rings going bad on these sensors, and there is a TSB for it. The cam sensors are on the rear of the cylinder heads right next to the exhaust manifolds. There is a picture of the cam and crank sensor locations on the following thread.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...tsb-13-6-15-crank-o-ring-installation-26.html

First thing first, clear the code and see if the problem persists.

Last edited:

Eric L

Established Member
I cleared it and it instantly re-set. Car has less than 40k on the clock so its still under warranty. Someone told me that they heard of another guy who had the same problem and Ford offered to buy the car back cause they couldn't figure it out. I know about the alternator issue, and the cam sensor issue, but having these two codes at the same time is what makes it different.....or so I'm told. I really hate to go back to the dealer here cause we're already in a heated dispute over my f-250........so yeah.....really don't think they're gonna bend over backwards to offer any help

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
The two codes seem related. They both refer to bank 2, it looks like P0345 narrows it down to "sensor A". The sensor is sensitive and I imagine that the O ring needs to be serviceable in order to obtain an accurate reading. A new sensor is 80 bucks worst case scenario. It looks like a single screw holds it in place, so maybe it has rattled loose over time.

Inspect things, and stuff.

Last edited:

Eric L

Established Member
Well its still under warranty, so its going back to the dealership. I just got have a lot of faith in them. If it was gonna be a couple hundred dollars for the part, I would just rather do it myself just to save the headache of dealing with the dealership. I'll keep this post updated with the progress

Users who are viewing this thread