Anyone had any recent experiences with SHM?

Blown90LX

Established Member
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on having them do a new motor for my 04 but just googled them looking for reviews and they all seemed to be horror stories.......they also all seem to be from 6-10 years ago. I could not find anything recent. I have been talking with them for the past two days and they have been great on the phone, gotten back to me quickly with any and all questions I have had and their price was good compared to a few others I have gotten. Just wanted to see if anyone had any dealings with them recently. Thanks in advance for any info.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I got my ported PI heads for my '98 GT from them a long time ago ('03'ish). The port job on the heads looked great, but I was in a bind since PI heads from Ford were on backorder, they were the only place I could find that had some, and my daily driver was sitting in a garage with a destroyed head. I was also way less educated on the Mustang aftermarket back then. Long story short, I paid way more than I should have for what I got. Their customer service was great, but every time I look at their website I see stuff that seems overpriced to me.

Last edited:

Blown90LX

Established Member
I called L&M but they were much higher priced than several other shops I contacted.

Hylands price was actually good and their customer service (in my short experience) is excellent. Couldn't have been better. The reviews just scared me a little bit.

Thanks for the info guys.

Users who are viewing this thread