Anyone Got pics of MGW Gripper Shift Knob in their car?

whiplash306

Established Member
WhiteDevil said:
Like the title says... Thanks guys
Here 'ya go...do I win anything??? It's a great feeling shifter, with an outstanding grip. However, if you have small hands, it isn't for you!
HPIM0727.jpg

bnglcat

Established Member
I can get some tonight as I just installed mine last wednesday. Here is one of a friend of mine though...Are you looking for specific angles and what not?

small010_101.JPG

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Thanks if you could i would like to see one from the drivers seat or maybe a little closer up too. Thanks man!!!

CobraCraig

Established Member
This is maybe the best pic I have. This is the 3rd vehicle I have put this same shift knob in. I love it.

BobsPics25.jpg

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I had to cut mine down and drill out the hole and just tighten the hell out of the set screw. I always missed even with the MGW short throw. I will take pics tonight and post.
Notice how tall the all are.

Wintermute

Banned
Wow, my blue handle is alot shorter than all those. Sorry dont have a camera right now. One thing I gotta say though, I'm getting rid of my gripper. I like it but I've had it for a little over a year and the texture is pretty much gone on the rubber and the friggin thing leaves my hand black all the time. I don't know if its the rubber or the pewter (I have the cobra emblem) but its kinda gross.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Here is mine, I think it must be an older version or something.
I had to cut about 3/4" of an inch off the bottom, drill out until I almost poked thru the top. Then I just tightened my set screw.
Doesn’t look much shorter on the picks but I bet it is close to an 1"

+1 on the black crap, It gets old explaining why my right palm is always black

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
wow thanks for all the responses guys. I have a Tremec TKO-500 with the stock TKO shifter and its a pretty low short shifter. This might give me just the little bit of height need on it.

Users who are viewing this thread