Anyone got Nos AND Meth?

TrueBlueCobra01

SVT
Established Member
I've got a 99% stock 2001 Cobra and I'm thinking of throwing a 100 shot on it (preferably wet). I know that's nothing new but I also want to do meth injection to keep a little safer/cooler and get a few more horsepower. Anybody done it yet?
By the way, I'd probably be running on 100 octane if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

quikcobra

Established Member
I see meth alot with the boosted guy's, Alot in the wrx crowd. I'll like to see how this turns out. Im boosted in my wrx and cobra I may go on meth lol

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I think you need to do some research about what water/meth injection aims to accomplish as well as how nitrous makes power. In an NA/nitrous setup its going to be completely useless...if not slightly dangerous.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
absolutely usless. Meth is used to cool the charge on boosted cars. Nitrous gets very cold when sprayed. The nitrous is cooler than meth, so meth would be completely useless and would actually increase the chances of puddling.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
absolutely usless. Meth is used to cool the charge on boosted cars. Nitrous gets very cold when sprayed. The nitrous is cooler than meth, so meth would be completely useless and would actually increase the chances of puddling.

+1

TrueBlueCobra01

SVT
Established Member
I think you need to do some research about what water/meth injection aims to accomplish as well as how nitrous makes power. In an NA/nitrous setup its going to be completely useless...if not slightly dangerous.

Really? Haha well I guess this is why I posted the question :shrug: I know meth is used to cool the charge from boost and I've heard of guys running a supercharger, nitrous, and meth all at once.
Seriously this was just an idea that popped into my head the other day. I did a little research but now I guess I know why not too many results came up. Thanks for the info guys :beer:

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Excuse me for digging up an old thread. I could be wrong here, so don't flame me to bad, but I have been researching Meth injection a little for my upcoming TT build. Meth increases the octane rating of the fuel your using allowing more timing. Normally you retard 2-4 degrees of timing for a 100shot. With the meth you can probably leave the timing or even increase it slightly (at least that is my theory) would that not lead to more gains from the shot?

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
this is from the snow performance website, apparently my theory is correct:

• Engines using nitrous:
With nitrous, water/methanol injection allows the use of more timing advance even with large (250HP+) quantities. The cooling effect of the water/methanol inside the combustion chamber also makes for reduced peak combustion temperatures

Users who are viewing this thread