Anyone got an H Pipe???

01CaliSnake

Established Member
Hey i am looking to switch my mid-pipe to either or x or h pipe and wanted to see what people had to say about the h pipe...i heard it gives a deeper and more of a intimidating sound...let me know guys either h or x, help me make up my mind and also should i go catted or o/r????? Thanks

stangomus

Established Member
I think you will have a hard time with no cats in cali
I have a bbk o/r x that I just replaced with a mac o/r h. I like the sound of the h better. But if I had the money, I would get another drgas o/r x. The drgas sounded the best with flows!

Last edited:

01CaliSnake

Established Member
yeah but i will keep the stock stuff to swap out when i have to pass emisions...and dont care about tickets, all i want to know is what the true difference between an x and an h pipe and which will give me that sweet sound with magnaflow exhaust

CobraG

Established Member
01CaliSnake said:
yeah but i will keep the stock stuff to swap out when i have to pass emisions...and dont care about tickets, all i want to know is what the true difference between an x and an h pipe and which will give me that sweet sound with magnaflow exhaust

Here I go again with my big mouth on exhaust :burnout:
If you're going to go with the MagnaFlow mufflers or catback, I think a catted X would be the best bet, maybe even a MagnaFlow catted X.
I think X pipes sound better with straight through mufflers. Or you could get some MagnaPack mufflers, I bet that would sound sweet.

There really isn't that much difference between the x and h. The h is supposed to give you better low end while the x gives better top end. I think it comes down to personel preference.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
01CaliSnake said:
yeah but i will keep the stock stuff to swap out when i have to pass emisions

You say that now.....after your install let us know how you feel about the passenger side

RoyWoods

Established Member
01CaliSnake said:

I have a Magnaflow O/R X-Pipe with Magnaflow Cat-Back and like the sound. It's not obnoxious at all, but it's loud enough that my neighbors can differentiate me leaving from our other neighbor with an '05 GT. The X-Pipe is supposed to be a little louder than the H-Pipe, but of course is technically for "off-road" use. There is a fair amount of discussion about power gains from X vs. H, and at the time, I went with the majority who seemed to believe that the X gave more. Besides, if it's against EPA laws, it's got to provide more power, right????????? ;-)

CobraG

Established Member
How about a MAC Prochamber with MagnaPack mufflers, I bet that would have a nice low grumble.
Anyone have this setup or maybe heard it that can comment on this setup?

stangomus

Established Member
I thought H pipes were slightly louder then X pipes???? Thats what I heard but with my expierence, they have the same volume but the H seems to have less drone. Everybody hears differently I guess.

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
Double"O" said:
sure will myself and some others on here have that exact setup.

saw some Nice gains as well!!

went from 276RWHP and 281RWTQ to 297RWHP and 303RWTQ with the FR500 and ProChamber

What other HP mods do you have?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
SPXTrader said:
What other HP mods do you have?

It went in this order as far as HP mods

FR500 and Prochamber the same day
Intercooled Kenne Bell Blower a few months later

Those are the only HP mods i have

Users who are viewing this thread