Anyone got a write up on replacing motor mounts?

toast

Established Member
Im looking to do it this weekend. I dont expect it to be too hard but Id rather be well read and prepared for the process then figure it out as I go along. I will hopefully be putting on a MAC o/r H at the same time. :D

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
You have to jack up the motor a bit and roll it from side to side. You'll hate your life if you don't.

Other than that, it's fairly straight forward, but a major pain in the ass...

toast

Established Member
You have to jack up the motor a bit and roll it from side to side. You'll hate your life if you don't.

Other than that, it's fairly straight forward, but a major pain in the ass...

Yea I knew that much, I wanted to know if there was a certain technique to rolling the motor and what not. From what I understand you have to take the starter off, at least that part will be easier than normal, Ive already had the bitch off once and replaced it sans the top starter bolt.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Yeah, starter does come off too, I forgot about that. And I don't think there is any one good way to roll the motor. At least, I never found one. It just took a lot of patience finding what would and would not work.

Just do not plan on it being a quick job. It's not like doing it on a 5 liter... this took me hours to do.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Glad I had mine replaced when they installed the longtubes a couple weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread