anyone got a ticket for a turn signal on a detour sign?

asiancobra

PSN: new_edge_cobra
Established Member
it was 11pm at night and cops was riding my tail, i notice a detour sign coming up ahead, took a left turn on the detour sign without using my turn signal, right before i know, the cops turned their light on and pulled me over...has this ever happen to anyone before?

StangJason

Established Member
Nope but it does sound pretty bogus if you ask me. It's about as bad a lady driving through Tennessee that got a ticket for touching the inside white line :shrug: . Just a bit ridiculous IMO but hey all in the name of money I guess

asiancobra

PSN: new_edge_cobra
Established Member
Nope but it does sound pretty bogus if you ask me. It's about as bad a lady driving through Tennessee that got a ticket for touching the inside white line :shrug: . Just a bit ridiculous IMO but hey all in the name of money I guess

yea thats what i thought, i guess they got nothing else better to do:shrug:, however, they also didnt use their turn signal, they turn their light on to pull me over 10 sec after the turn

shhak

Established Member
however, they also didnt use their turn signal,

One of those "do as I say, not as I do" sort of deals huh? I'd bring that up in court. Why is it ok for a LEO to turn and not use his signal yet he writes you a ticket for doing it?

Awaiting LEO's to start :bash::bash::bash:........

slick4_6

Established Member
While I think it is a bit ridiculous in your situation, I wish they would give out more tickets in my area for people that refuse to use a turn signal.

venmos1

Established Member
i see this stuff all the time from leos. no turn signals, speeding, crossing the white line. then they go and ticket people for the same thing. just not right.

StangJason

Established Member
While I think it is a bit ridiculous in your situation, I wish they would give out more tickets in my area for people that refuse to use a turn signal.

+1 very annoying to not know why someone is just slowing down to stop in the road with nothing in front of them or just sitting there as you pass them going the other way...I've considered stopping beside them to ask if they are having car trouble a few times :shrug:

Oh to the original poster I think their needs to be a bit of gray thrown into the law sometimes like common sense but for some reason they often to refuse to do so. In a way it's not really the Leo's fault as much as the United State's mindless laws and legal system where a thief can sue you if he breaks his leg in your house or you can get a ticket for not signaling to turn left when that's the only direction you can go.

Last edited:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I agree with the op that it was a rediculous reason to be pulled over, however, I really hate it when people don't signal. I always use my signals.

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
yeah i was driving the other day and there was a cop car waiting to turn and instead of waiting for traffic to clear he just flipped his lights on and turned so i thought i bet he has somewhere to go...ill follow him...:) well nah he was just going to the store..mustve been hungry from an all nighter

Users who are viewing this thread