Anyone got a number for Dell

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
ok, got a problem with a Dell Laptop that I ordered in May. In June the laptop got dropped in and broke the monitor, hard drive whigged out, and case was badly scratched.

Sent it back in for repair, got it back 2 weeks later. However when I got it back, the top of the monitor cover was not clearcoated as it was originially when I bought my machine, the webcam that was originally built into the monitor is now gone, and my Windows Vista License Key sticker that was in the battery compartment is now missing and so I have no way to re-install Vista.

I've been on the phone with the people @ Dell for 2 hours today, and I just keep getting transferred around to different mindless zombies, and when I finally got someone who could help me, the call terminates right in the middle of explaining the situation.

So wondering if anyone has a freaking direct phone # to someone at Dell who can help me?

I'm tired of all these idiots with foreign accents, that don't comprehend anything, and don't want to help, or know how to help and just keep transferring the call around. :cuss:

Tried all three of these numbers, and all I get are smoke and mirrors.

1-800-624-9897
1-800-624-9896
1-800-456-3355

txyaloo

Established Member
1-800-822-8965 is their "Relationship" support line. All calls are routed based on the express service code. Is that still on the bottom of the system? If you're entering that correctly, you should be routed to the correct support queue. It sounds like they replaced your plastics. I would boot the system, press F2, and go into the BIOS. Get the service tag/express service code from there.

If all else fails, email "[email protected]". That'll reach his executive escalations team in Round Rock who will get things straightened out quickly.

I'll try and dig out my escalations phone list. It's a few years old, but I know some of the executives are still there.

Call this guy. I never liked him, but he should get you taken care of or at least route you to the right place.

Doug Hillary - Director, Business Solutions Group/Global Services. (I just looked. He's VP of global services now) :lol:

Call the 800 number above. Choose option 1. Enter extension x80320. If that doesn't work, try calling 512-422-5154. That was/is his cell number.

Last edited:

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
thanks Txyaloo!

yes the service code and express tags are still on the bottom.

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
thanks Txyaloo!

yes the service code and express tags are still on the bottom.

Make sure they match the ones that are in the bios and if possible the codes you had prior to sending it in. It's possible you got another person's system. I've seen it happen before.

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
codes on the case match the codes in the Bios.

i called that first number and I got someone on the phone right now as we speak, and they are sending out someone with a new monitor with webcam, and clearcoated finish for the lid, and mailing me a new Vista License Key COA.

thanks very much!

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
thanks again Tx. got a Dispatch #, and a mobile-tech will be calling within 48 hours to schedule a time to come out and correct these issues!

txyaloo

Established Member
codes on the case match the codes in the Bios.

i called that first number and I got someone on the phone right now as we speak, and they are sending out someone with a new monitor with webcam, and clearcoated finish for the lid, and mailing me a new Vista License Key COA.

thanks very much!

:beer:

Did you use the extension or just call the 800 number?

Glad it worked out.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
For future reference (and in case someone else needs internal help) there are some guys over on austinareastangs.com that work for Dell. sometimes they can be helpful in situations like this.

txyaloo

Established Member
For future reference (and in case someone else needs internal help) there are some guys over on austinareastangs.com that work for Dell. sometimes they can be helpful in situations like this.

Emailing MD usually gets things done quickly. Otherwise, I recommend everyone bug Doug Hillary. He's a prick but since he's a VP, he should get things taken care of. Just don't tell him where you got his number. :lol::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread