Anyone going to watch the lunar eclipse tonight???

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
Its supposed to start at 11:33 MST tonight. Not too late to have a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows..

:banana: :banana:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
It's raining out here in California.

Let me go ahead and repeat that for you guys... It's raining in SoCal!!

What was that? You didn't hear me? IT'S RAINING IN CALI!!!!

:nonono:

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
i get off work at 11:30pm so I'll probably see something. either the orange moon or no moon

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member

how many wrecks have there been and what's the average speed of traffic? like 10 mph or so :dancenana:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I'm finna watch. It's snowing though and kinda cloudy. My telescope is ready to go though.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Freaking cloudy here, I'm pissed.

You know it's supposed to take an hour and 12min? Just keep an eye out and I'm sure you'll be able to see somethin.

Last edited:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
how many wrecks have there been and what's the average speed of traffic? like 10 mph or so :dancenana:

The other day I drove from Long Beach to Westwood (~45miles) and just on that drive alone I saw about 4 or 5 near accidents. It definitely sucks driving around on XXX/35/18 tires, everytime I hit a puddle on the freeway it feels like I am about to hydroplane. :(

I've been keeping it under 65mph or less on the freeway depending on how heavy the rain is but several jack asses are driving around like it's the middle of summer. I've stuck to the first 2 or 3 lanes and I've never been tail gated so much in my life. I'm usually the one tailgating, lol. I've personally seen about 3 accidents but have read/heard about several others. People in SoCal just don't know how to deal with rain.

You know it's supposed to take an hour and 12min? Just keep an eye out and I'm sure you'll be able to see somethin.

skeptical-cat-is-fraught-with-skepticism.jpg

I hope so, but I doubt this rain will clear out in time to see it. I live out in the South Bay and it's been non stop rain this evening.

oldmodman

Established Member
Great lunar eclipse?

Perfect time for the first (and probably only) big storm of the year. Oh well, it could be worse. Everything around here could be on fire like last year at this time.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll be watching for it. It's cloudy here in Houston, at the moment.

Jim Snover

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
should occur on the East coast around 2:40 AM. Will be keeping an eye out for it just hope those snow clouds don't roll in

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
riddla is going to unleash the johnson and pass it between the moon, earth and sun. nothing to be scared of folks. move along.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
anyone on the east coast look at the moon right now? There is a huge halo around the moon right now its crazy looking. Oh yeah the sky is clear right now and the moon is very very bright. Pretty neat never seen something like that before, or maybe i never noticed lol

EDIT: just researched it and found out that is ice crystals in the atmosphere and they are basically reflecting the light from the sun and usually means there is going to be sever weather soon (snow in the forecast). Still looks cool nonetheless

Last edited:

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
The other day I drove from Long Beach to Westwood (~45miles) and just on that drive alone I saw about 4 or 5 near accidents. It definitely sucks driving around on XXX/35/18 tires, everytime I hit a puddle on the freeway it feels like I am about to hydroplane. :(

I've been keeping it under 65mph or less on the freeway depending on how heavy the rain is but several jack asses are driving around like it's the middle of summer. .

hah, when it's raining here, everyone, including myself, still usually drives 75+ on the interstate. no big deal. but last weekend on the way to nashville it was absolutely pouring down and traffic was down to around 60-65 all the way there because you couldn't see anything.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Obscured by clouds..................................................................
Obscured by Clouds is the seventh studio album by Pink Floyd.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread