Anyone going to the hod rod week in OC Oct 6-9?

slow02GT

I thought a few from here went this past may and stayed at the carousel where I saw a massive amount of cobras in the parking garage...anyone else going?

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
I will be going, couple of buddies going as well we are staying @ the Holiday Inn on 126th and costal, couple of blocks from Hooters. Black Cobra with Persian Gulf Vet. plates :beer:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I'll be there as well. I wanted to stay the weekend but I just bought a new home and things have changed a little for me. Still keeping the Mach though...

lightningonbags

Established Member
Not sure yet cause I might have to work. OC gets crazy full on that weekend!! I might have to take the L and see what kind of trouble I can get in. :-D

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
JH02GT said:
I thought a few from here went this past may and stayed at the carousel where I saw a massive amount of cobras in the parking garage...anyone else going?

I'll be attending this one aswell. As a matter of fact I believe you and I live in the same town. You have the nice looking mineral grey GT with the cowl hood?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
99SERPENT said:
I'll be attending this one aswell. As a matter of fact I believe you and I live in the same town. You have the nice looking mineral grey GT with the cowl hood?

James,

Let me know if you want to cruise down together, I'll meet up with you Saturday.

By the way, the electric cooling fan quit on the Mach in Ocean City during bike week, it was a mess. I had radiator fluid pouring out of the relief cap onto the ground and I was surounded by choppers, I was pissed. It's fixed now.

Todd

Last edited:

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
James,

Let me know if you want to cruise down together, I'll meet up with you Saturday.

By the way, the electric cooling fan quit on the Mach in Ocean City during bike week, it was a mess. I had radiator fluid pouring out of the relief cap onto the ground and I was surounded by choppers, I was pissed. It's fixed now.

Todd

That sounds good Todd. I've been meaning to get up with you but have been busy here the last ccouple of weeks. I think Saturday should be good. The wife will be out of town all weekend.

Man that had to suck! Did you make it back home ok? Also did Brian get all of your parts put on yet?

Sonic04

Established Member
Where exactly are some of the people on this thread located? I'm down in VA, about 50 min from OC & Salisbury. I'd like to head up there that weekend, but I have reservations at a campground that weekend. Are there any local meets regularly?

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
Sonic04 said:
Where exactly are some of the people on this thread located? I'm down in VA, about 50 min from OC & Salisbury. I'd like to head up there that weekend, but I have reservations at a campground that weekend. Are there any local meets regularly?

I myself am about 35 mins. away from Salisbury in a town called Hurlock. To my knowledge there aren't any organized meets in our area up this way on the shore.

Sonic04

Established Member
99SERPENT said:
I myself am about 35 mins. away from Salisbury in a town called Hurlock. To my knowledge there aren't any organized meets in our area up this way on the shore.

I've been there once a few years ago. I'm surprised people don't get to gether at US13 dragway or something. :shrug: I'm planning to go to MIR on Nov 18th for a track rental event someone from Chesapeake organized. I think there still may be openings. Thread somewhere under 2nd Gen Ls.

slow02GT

99SERPENT said:

haha yea how did you know? small world I guess....I dont live in hurlock but I am there a lot visiting friends and such....you drive that red cobra? I think I passed you yesterday....car sounds SICK :rockon:
You have new wheels on that car now?

slow02GT

Sonic04 said:
I've been there once a few years ago. I'm surprised people don't get to gether at US13 dragway or something. :shrug: I'm planning to go to MIR on Nov 18th for a track rental event someone from Chesapeake organized. I think there still may be openings. Thread somewhere under 2nd Gen Ls.

I always go to RT. 13 dragway like every sunday....pretty decent turnout of stangs there

slow02GT

Sonic04 said:

Not really at all...its a damn shame to because there are lot of stangs running around salisbury and the surrounding areas

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
JH02GT said:
haha yea how did you know? small world I guess....I dont live in hurlock but I am there a lot visiting friends and such....you drive that red cobra? I think I passed you yesterday....car sounds SICK :rockon:
You have new wheels on that car now?

I somehow came across one of your posts from a previous thread and put 2+2 together and figured it had to be you. Your car also sounds great. I believe I had seen it in our shop one day and heard one of our techs start it up ( I work @ Preston Ford). As far as the wheels I couldn't make my mind up one way or the other and finally broke down and got the FR500's. Maybe we'll catch up sometime. :beer:

slow02GT

99SERPENT said:
I somehow came across one of your posts from a previous thread and put 2+2 together and figured it had to be you. Your car also sounds great. I believe I had seen it in our shop one day and heard one of our techs start it up ( I work @ Preston Ford). As far as the wheels I couldn't make my mind up one way or the other and finally broke down and got the FR500's. Maybe we'll catch up sometime. :beer:

Ah yea I have the magnaflow catback exhaust on there right now....I can usually hear the car when they start it up and drive it around front and park it haha...I was just at preston today getting my tag lights fixed..damn pos ford :(
I thought those were FR500s.....I saw the car yesterday when i was pulling out of exxon...that shit is loud....the hurlock PD dont mess with you for it? they pulled me over a while back and gave me a ticket for my exhaust.

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
JH02GT said:
I thought those were FR500s.....I saw the car yesterday when i was pulling out of exxon...that shit is loud....the hurlock PD dont mess with you for it? they pulled me over a while back and gave me a ticket for my exhaust.

Surprisingly they've never bothered me. I know it can be really loud when taking off but they've been pretty good about it. The police always ride by my house and see my car so I'm sure they know who I am. Plus I always take the time to wave to them when I see them go by. Maybe that helps my situation :thumbsup:

slow02GT

99SERPENT said:
Surprisingly they've never bothered me. I know it can be really loud when taking off but they've been pretty good about it. The police always ride by my house and see my car so I'm sure they know who I am. Plus I always take the time to wave to them when I see them go by. Maybe that helps my situation :thumbsup:

I will never wave at them again after a BS exhaust ticket when they have all those rednecks riding by in trucks making noise :-D

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
JH02GT said:
I will never wave at them again after a BS exhaust ticket when they have all those rednecks riding by in trucks making noise :-D

LOL. I know what you mean.

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
Derek2001 said:
hurlock, haha small world. Im from cambridge. Go figure. I'll be down there that weekend at some point.

It is a small world. I didn't realize there was that many of us in this area. Maybe a few of us can all meet up down there.

Users who are viewing this thread