Anyone going to Mission for Street Lagals on the opening nite?

Tman

Established Member
It will be my first time out with the car as well so dont laugh if I hit 14's hehe!!
I know Wayne is (from BrownBrothersFord) but he will be trying out their new project-05 Mustang with few boltons and slicks. No more love for the Terminator,j/j!
I will be running street tires so will see what can be done on them! Wish me luck fellas!!!

Tman

Established Member
The opening night is this Friday! Should be fun but also packed. Im working from 2am till 9am so my reflexes might need an extra shot of coffee,hehe, but it might be fun. Yes Wayne did all the work so far on my car including the subframes and c-clip just recently. If you guys come out by any chance drop by and say HI!!! :thumbsup:

CanuckCobra

Established Member
I can't make it this weekend..but I'd be up for any get togerthers you guys are doing..mosty of my friends have no clue about cars!!

Good luck..looks like great weather..dry and cool!! :burnout:

Tman

Established Member
Thanks!! :thumbsup:
Cross your fingers though they are saying it might rain! :cryying:
They also have a test and tune days so in the worst case scenerio we might go to these.

Tman

Established Member
Ya me too,hehe! So far Ive been told its ok until you start hitting 11's before they kick you out from the track. The only thing you really need especially if you are faster than 12.9 is a driveshaft loop. What mods are in your car?

Tman

Established Member
I think you need a roll cage when you hit below 11.9 and they dont consider a light bar to be safety equip., so thats off my list for now since Ive been thinking of getting one next week.

Tman

Established Member
They usually open the gates around 4-430pm so if you get there early you might get some runs already at around 5pm after your tech inspection. Im gonna try to get there by 3:30 so I be one of the very first ones in line so then I wont waste anytime waiting in line for the tech. What time do you think you be heading out? I will be going around 2pm so both of us can tag along. :thumbsup:

CanuckCobra

Established Member
Tman said:
Ya me too,hehe! So far Ive been told its ok until you start hitting 11's before they kick you out from the track. The only thing you really need especially if you are faster than 12.9 is a driveshaft loop. What mods are in your car?

My car is bone stock except for a tri-ax shifter..for now..So I doubt I would even hit 13's with the rear end and tires I have right now..

I am going to drop some $$ 1st week of april though..My biggest beef with this car is the suspension..i hit a hard shift into 2nd today and it sounded like I broke something..it hopped and then went BANG!!

But everything seems ok..

so i am getting this:

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/giab2.asp

an '03 IRS Brace

and some of these

http://www.wheelreplicas.com/fr500.htm

and a Cat back if I can swing it ..looking at SLP,Maganflow, Bassani ,Borla??

Not sure..which one I'll get..

What colour is your car?

Tman

Established Member
Its black. Im waiting for my IRS brace as well, should be here next week.
SLP will probably be the best bang for the buck especially if you get it from RTM, but trust me spend a bit more and get a Borla-you wont regret it and wont be as loud as SLP. I will send you a pm with my phone number so if the wheather holds up and you want to go maybe we can meet up along the way. If you have any problems with the car go to Brown Brothers, Wayne whos their SVT tech will help you out! :thumbsup:
Talk to you later!

Tman

Established Member
OOOOPPPPPSSSS!!! I just found out that the opening night is on April 1 next Friday! So all in all its actually perfect for me since by then I should have the brace and oil change done as well. :thumbsup:

Tman

Established Member
Yes. You know if you want we can get to the test and tune day as well with couple more guys and have some fun as well. Its next Saturday.

TechRTM

Established Member
Hey!
how is everyone?

been off these boards for a little bit.....crazy busy..T-MAN hows the crazy machine!??

Been working with Wayne on numerous 05's including his Demo! no time!

we will see how bad the rain is tommorrow?

Tman

Established Member
Ya, it looks like its gonna pour!
Good to hear from you Mike again!
Cant wait to see what Wayne can do with the 05! Do you know if hes got mine parts yet?
Thanks!

TechRTM

Established Member
Here you go!
What we were up to!
Check it out
A Little Project Mustang "Sub 12 sec n/a 05"
BrownBros Racing/RTM Motorsports

Ongoing Project to hit 11's N/A (should be there soon)

2005 Silver 05 5psd.
After the Dyno (307.5rwhp ..stock exhaust ) exhaust never showed on friday and rained out at Local track so the dyno it was!

http://www.rtmmotorsports.com/05Smokey.wmv

Gears In! Custom Revolution Tune by Wayne Johnson and some goofing around!

ET's Streets on V6 16's and Skinnies up front on Welds!

http://www.rtmmotorsports.com/Seasoning 5.wmv

More goof'in around! damm rain

http://www.rtmmotorsports.com/Seasoning 2.wmv

http://www.rtmmotorsports.com/Seasoning 3.wmv

Track footage! COMING!

Users who are viewing this thread