Anyone get their car tuned at Strictly in Houston?

nuxx

Established Member
Thinking about having them tune my car soon. Anyone used them?
-Peter

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
lots of people have. They are good. The have the fastest non-turbo 03 Cobra in the country.

nuxx

Established Member
Yeah I know about their yellow 03, just wondering if anyone first hand could shed some light for me.
-Peter

BTW : Have you seen my baseball?

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Frank N Beans! As for Strictly, they are a very reputable shop..i think they are located over by Hobby Airport.

nuxx

Established Member
I'm sure somebody on here must have used them... kind of leaning their way, just really want to hear from a customer first.
-Peter

"What about Brett Fav... ruh?"

EngCon

Established Member
Strictly does all the work on my car and it runs pretty good! Richard know his stuff and will take good care of you. Greg the head tech is the the most maticulous person about every car that he touches. You will be in good hands. If you have any questions just drop me a pm.

Jay

ERre23

Established Member
nuxx,

On Monday I should be up there to have an Apten and pulley put on. If you can wait I will let you know what I think. I am not sure right now because I feel like I am getting a lot of pressure to buy their products. When I first called about a week and a half ago Jerry misunderstood me and tentatively scheduled me for chip, pulley, cold air and idler. All I need from them is a Predator or chip and a tune. When I cleared the situation up he didn't seem too pleased. He was telling me how much better their Metco products were that Billetflow etc.

I talked to him today to find out what my total price would be and he told me around $900-$1000 for either a chip or Predator, Dynotune and installation of my Apten, pulley and idlers. To me, that seems high. I don't think any of the items I have are very difficult to install. To sum it up I am considering taking my business to Houston Performance just because I don't like the feeling I'm getting. I've worked with HP before and I never had any problems. I just thought that since Strictly has such a good rep for 03/04's I would give them a shot.

I will let you know what happens.

Ryan

1BD SNK

Established Member
On Strictly Performance ....they have gone out of their way with my car and I have always had great service from Greg (he is kind of like a quiet genius on the mechanical side) Richard puts together some nasty tunes on the dyno and tells you like it is....that works for me......hey when my car was working out the bugs I called Richards cell phone at 9:30pm on a Friday night and he got in his truck with greg and came to my car on side of 45.....these guys are great in my book!

nuxx

Established Member
Guess I'll be calling them next week. If they are open on Saturdays, I'll head up there more than likely.
-Peter

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by Greg Anderson
The two times I have talked to them they were dicks. Other than that I havn't had any problems.:D

:lol:

Big turkey

Established Member
I just had my car tuned by them recently. They are nice people, were nice to me, and were pretty straight forward. I spoke to Richard while he was tuning my car and he told me things that made sense and didn't seem like he was trying to lie to me or anything.

I had a good feeling and i would definately go back. The car runs much much better and smoother, and of course pulls crazy. Before my LT install and retune, I could spin the tires in 1st.. but only sometimes. Now, after the tune and LT's if I can give it half throttle it will spin the tires through 1st, if I floor it it will just hop. It's insane. I doubt it was just the LT's.. I'm sure it was the tune as well.

Last edited:

nuxx

Established Member
They do Revolution / Diablo chips right? I guess I'll call Richard on Monday and see what his week looks like.
-Peter

pecten man

Established Member
The guys at SP bolted on a 2.8" upper pulley and idler, upgraded sparl plugs, tuned my car (03 cobra, predator supplied by me) about two weeks ago. Dyno run before 395 rwhp, afterwards 447 rwhp.

Overall they were friendly to me; After reading some comments on this board and others I was going in the shop ready to turn around in an instant and take my money elsewhere if they were going to be assholes. The young guy working the front desk was nice, answered all my questions - they were not terribly busy and took my car right away. I asked him to price out a complete list of performance mods, labor included, so I could budget for upgrades next year, he had no problem with that request. I will go back and give them so more business.

- Jason

nuxx

Established Member
Have an appointment for Friday @ 9am. Hopefully they can resolve my car's tuning issues :-(
-Peter

Users who are viewing this thread