Anyone from Orlando

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
There is a good possibility ill be selected for a job in Orlando, I currently live by Wilmington NC. I've never been to Florida but I have always wanted to visit! What is Orlando like? I def don't want to live in a big city. Lol what are some suburbs around Orlando that are more on the quiet budget friendly side? We would be renting for awhile. I don't mind commuting. What are some things to look out for? Any help is great guys. Really excited about the possibility of moving down there!

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
There is a good possibility ill be selected for a job in Orlando, I currently live by Wilmington NC. I've never been to Florida but I have always wanted to visit! What is Orlando like? I def don't want to live in a big city. Lol what are some suburbs around Orlando that are more on the quiet budget friendly side? We would be renting for awhile. I don't mind commuting. What are some things to look out for? Any help is great guys. Really excited about the possibility of moving down there!
Welcome to FL. Although I now live in the Tampa area, I lived in Orlando for about 8 yrs. until 2001. Good areas to live would be away from downtown bc of traffic and crime in certain areas of ORL. Check out Metrowest area north of Universal Studios, many good subdivisions to the east close to UCF and new subdivisions to the south of the ORL. intl. airport all of them close to major roads. Also further west in Lake co. close to Clermont is also good but a little far away from the ORL. metro area. Kissimmee also has a lot of good subdivisions but the tourists clog up the roads down there. Also a lot of new construction off US 27 between I-4 and hwy. 50 in Clermont just to the west of Disney. Good luck.

Last edited:

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Are you in the marines by any chance? I'm ex-army myself. Never mind. I read your profile. Thank you for your service. Down in the southern part of orange co. south of the airport they are building a brand new V.A. hospital. It should've been opened in 2011 but they are still working on it and it should be ready in 2014. They are doing a lot of hiring specially for vets. bc of veterans preference. The new hospital is located just south of central florida Greenway (417) toll road at the end of Lake Nona blvd. just southeast of the airport. Checkout this website on a weekly basis: www.usajobs.gov

Last edited:

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
Thanks for the replys guys. I would be working at the Orlando International Airport. I believe that is more south east orlando? Hopefully I can find a quiet town not to far from there. I'd rather be out in the sticks then in the city that's for sure!

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Thanks for the replys guys. I would be working at the Orlando International Airport. I believe that is more south east orlando? Hopefully I can find a quiet town not to far from there. I'd rather be out in the sticks then in the city that's for sure!
I sent you a private message.

Litemup86

Established Member
Still making it down this way? I live in a neighborhood about 20 min east of the airport that is rural. It's called Wedgefield. Also can hear Orlando's drag strip and speedway from my house you're so close. Everything from houses on 5 acres, down to a normal neighborhood in the front. PM me if you want any more info. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread