Anyone from Colorado Springs?

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
Hey guys,

So I am thinking about taking a job up in CO springs. Where are the nice places to live there, what are the fun things to do. so on and so forth. I am going up there next week to check out the job and everything. Coming from TX I know there is a huge difference, but I really want to know what I'm getting into!

Thanks

sLeEstAk

digital being @ large
Established Member
I live in the Springs and I can tell you that the further north you go, in town, the nicer the suburbia. Thats where the newer 200 - 300k houses are, lol. If you want to go even higher class, hit up the Broadmoor.

I guess really, I should ask you what kinds of things you are into? If you are into the outdoors, the springs is a pretty nice place to live. There is a lot of mtn biking trails here, even some right in the middle of town that range from beginner trails to capt insano. Hiking and climbing are also pretty big out here too and you can access all that stuff easily...plenty to do in that arena.

If you are into golf, plenty of courses are around the area....ice hockey, we got that too at the world arena....we have a few skate parks. But the night life....well thats another story. You can go to some of the crappy clubs we have here, drink at a neighborhood sports bar, or pick up cowgirls and the cowboy bar.

Pretty much, you should try to do some of the more touristy stuff. Hit up Garden of the Gods and if you can get a free day to drive up Pikes Peak, do it. The rental car will make it just fine, the drive is def entertaining (esp when you consider that people race up this road)...just remember to keep the car in Low and let it gear out or they will stop you mid way for hot brakes.

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
thanks for the info.

as for outdoors stuff, i like golf, not a fan of hiking too much but i do want to take advantage of the scenery.

I mean typically what I do in dallas, is go hang out with my friends go to a bar get smashed, during the weekends i just hang out, in the evenings the wife and i will go out and jog, we try to visit outdoor gardens, i've taken up photography so i do that every once in a while.

My wife loves to shop, so the more designer shops the better for her.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Like the above said, northern CoS is a lot better. If you like nature (evergreen trees, etc), Black Forest is really nice.

Since this is a small city, most of the designer stores are in Denver, but its a relatively short drive since everyone does 85mph all the way up.

sLeEstAk: There is a lot of mtn biking trails here, even some right in the middle of town that range from beginner trails to capt insano.

Palmer Park FTMFW:banana:

What line of work are you in?

Users who are viewing this thread