Anyone from Appleton?? I may be moving there.

bfoley

Established Member
Hello all, I may be moving to Appleton WI and wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about that area like is it a decent place to live? How are the schools? And most importantly where is the closest track?

Any help is appreciated.

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
You may want to jump over to the "whos from wisconsin thread" and intoduce yourself, may be able to get some answers over there. I'm from Milwaukee and have been to Appleton only a couple of times to visit friends that used to live there. From what I remember, it was a really nice and quiet area. Everone seemed very friendly? Sorry, thats all I got for ya. The only track I go to is greatlakes dragway in Union Grove WI. Check out some of these sites as well if you're going to be moving to WI. midwestmustangassociation.com as well as brewcitymuscle.com and wisvtoa.com. Nice to have you coming to Wisconsin. Let me know if you're ever in Milwaukee. :beer:

94green1le

Established Member
You may want to jump over to the "whos from wisconsin thread" and intoduce yourself, may be able to get some answers over there. I'm from Milwaukee and have been to Appleton only a couple of times to visit friends that used to live there. From what I remember, it was a really nice and quiet area. Everone seemed very friendly? Sorry, thats all I got for ya. The only track I go to is greatlakes dragway in Union Grove WI. Check out some of these sites as well if you're going to be moving to WI. midwestmustangassociation.com as well as brewcitymuscle.com and wisvtoa.com. Nice to have you coming to Wisconsin. Let me know if you're ever in Milwaukee. :beer:

I live in Milwaukee as well. We should try to get some people together for a cruise now that I know some other people live around here with some nice rides.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Appleton is a decent place to live, good schools. I live in Sheboygan Couny which is a short 40min drive to Appleton. There is a good car scene out there as well. And by the way, WIR dragstrip is about a 20 minute or less drive for you. Welcome to the COLD TUNDRA.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Seeing that your from Tenn. ........LETS GO PACKERS BABY :D lol

Yes its a great place to live. Take your time when finding the right place, every city/town has its bad places and good places we all know that. So take your time and find the right place! Then everything else falls into place.

bfoley

Established Member
So I am looking for at least 1-2 acre lots, 4 bedrooms, 2-3 car garage with a separate shop and somewhere to park a 44' car trailer is a requirement.

Any recommendations on neighborhoods, areas etc I should start looking?

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
I live in Milwaukee as well. We should try to get some people together for a cruise now that I know some other people live around here with some nice rides.

Well I don't know about this year anymore (I hear there might be snow on the way) but I am definitely going to make an effort to go to the track more next year, as well as doing some more cruises, so some get togethers would be great. I'm already looking forward to it. Maybe I can find some one with some experience in doing a blower swap to give me a hand next spring???

bfoley

Established Member
Made the flight up there today, cold as a murf in Appleton. Raining, calling for snow I guess...

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
lol you'll have to get use to it! Last year we got some insane amounts of snow! Pick up a snowmobile and you can ride all the way up to Lake Superior!

The springs and early Fall's are worth putting up with the cold winters!

Users who are viewing this thread