Anyone ever painted their radio a/c bezel...

My_1st_Stang

Established Member
I'll be replacing the lights for the a/c controls. I figured I'd paint the bezel since I'll have it all disassembled. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
I painted my stockie silver... did a horrible job, and then I painted it black. I used Duplicolor flat black trim paint (green can) and it turned out pretty damn good. I had it in for a while until I found a wrecked 98 Cobra and I grabbed the bezel out of that one (mine was kinda funky).

Give it a try. I think it only looks good black tho

My_1st_Stang

Established Member
I painted my stockie silver... did a horrible job, and then I painted it black. I used Duplicolor flat black trim paint (green can) and it turned out pretty damn good. I had it in for a while until I found a wrecked 98 Cobra and I grabbed the bezel out of that one (mine was kinda funky).

Give it a try. I think it only looks good black tho

I'm glad you said something...In the back of my mind I was wondering what it would look like if I painted it silver or metallic.

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
sorry to highjack but how do you get the stock radio out?

in regards to your question, leave it stock unless its really beat up, and the color will depend on the color of your car imo

My_1st_Stang

Established Member
sorry to highjack but how do you get the stock radio out?

in regards to your question, leave it stock unless its really beat up, and the color will depend on the color of your car imo

I ended up buying a tool from BestBuy. Costs $10...It's U-shaped and fits right into the holes of the stock radio. I was told that coat hangers will also do the trick but decided to buy the tool.

My interior is black so I'm going to keep it that way. If it works out well then there are a couple of other pieces I will end up painting too.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Leave it stock.

why:shrug: Stock is boring

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

My old car.....

100_0332.jpg

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I panted mine a gloss back, It was out of an 02GT. I sanded it with some 300 ( to get off all the chips) followed by some 1000, then sprayed some back krylon plastic paint ( about 6 light coats), then wetsanded a little with 2000 grit, then put on 4 layers of clear, then polished it with rubbing compound. Looks perfect.

Here is an older pic from after it was done..

DSCF1338.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread