Anyone ever heard of or witness'd an AD....

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
....maybe in their department or actually seen one? Just curious to know how often this type of thing happens? What type of punishment, reprimand etc did they get?

jshen

Established Member
Ad?

Explain what you're referring to please.

jshen

Established Member
If accidental discharge.......

Seen 3 close up and personal.....two involved officers leaving shotgun in car dash mount..with a round in the chamber and ready to fire..safety off. Next shift comes in and inspecting the car and gear I see gun discharge and goodbye roof. The last, an officer brought a issued shotgun into roll call room after tour of duty and forgot it had round in chamber..He dropped gun barrel first onto concrete floor..just before I entered room. Three officers were hit with richoceting #4 buckshot. Yep..all responsible got into trouble..but none fired.

Last edited:

Lawman85

Banned
I saw a female officer AD while clearing her glock IN THE SQAUD ROOM. We get telling her, drop the mag first, then clear the barrel... she never figured out that when she cleared the barrel FIRST before dropping the mag, it left a round in the chamber... casualty : 1 desk. No reprimand or punishment... like I said.. it was a SHE

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
Theres a vid somewhere of a female LEO shooting a guy thats spread eagle on the ground. Couldnt believe it when I saw it. I guess adrenalin gets the best of all of us.

Lawman85

Banned
Stewart said:
Theres a vid somewhere of a female LEO shooting a guy thats spread eagle on the ground. Couldnt believe it when I saw it. I guess adrenalin gets the best of all of us.

She didn't actually shoot him. The round hit about 10" from his head on the ground. Her gun went off when she was trying to put it back in the holster because her finger was still in the trigger guard.

slowyellowcobra

one quick bananna
Established Member
Just this last tuesday , while out at the range for qual, i witnessed an AD. One of our captains set two targets down on a table, then placed his ammo and two loaded magazines on top of the targets. Well being kansas it's always windy so along came a gust of wind and blew the targets over. When the ammo scattered on the ground, one of the loaded magazinnes fell onto the primer of one of the rounds one the ground and BOOM! Luckily no holes in anyone.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
a guy i know is a cop and told me a story about a AD that he did. when he was bored he would tap the trigger on the shotgun in the car. one day he had someone take off teh safety and not tell him. he was sitting at a light and reached over and tapped the trigger and blew a hole in the roof of the car and sent half the lightbar flying up in the air. he said he looked up and looked back down and pulled to the side of the road.

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
Yes I am referring to an "accidental discharge", but I think you all figured that out now, sorry for not clarifying in first post, funny stories, just glad no one seriously hurt.

I got a vid of an AD of a guy talking about guns/safety at a school in a classroom and shot himself in leg, IN FRONT OF THE KIDS!! This was right before saying he is a trained professional. Was a sad day, apparently he was ok tho.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
I don't mean to nitpick, but an AD = accidental discharge and a
ND = negligent discharge.

That being said, an ND is the result of poor weapons handling skills (ie - finger on trigger and "oops, it slipped" such as the old video of the female officer who fired a round at the suspect proned out on the pavement next to a male partner of hers). ADs occur when there is a malfunction with the firearm itself (ie - not due to human error). At least that's the way it was taught when I was at the academy. :)

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Several years ago I had a friend of the local city police department killed by an accidental discharge. They were in the station rough housing and somehow his or his partner's firearm discharged with the bullet striking him in the chest and killing him. Very sad day because the town I lived in then is very small where everyone knows most of the people in it. They never did explain the whole story but basically put the blame on him.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Wildpony_2 said:
Yes I am referring to an "accidental discharge", but I think you all figured that out now, sorry for not clarifying in first post, funny stories, just glad no one seriously hurt.

I got a vid of an AD of a guy talking about guns/safety at a school in a classroom and shot himself in leg, IN FRONT OF THE KIDS!! This was right before saying he is a trained professional. Was a sad day, apparently he was ok tho.

That was a DEA agent!

Users who are viewing this thread