Anyone ever had to replace a mattress under warranty?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I bought a Sealy's Posturpedic bed from Sleepies about 2.5 years ago, and its basically a POS.

I've spent 1/2 the money in the past that I did on this bed and had them last 3x longer.

The bed crackles and "pings" as you move on it, and the depressions are nuts. You cannot flip this mattress either.

Has anyone had a mattress replaced through the warranty, and if so what are some good pointers on what to say/do?

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
never have although i have heard nightmare stories about those foam type beds, ya know the one that doesn't spillwine when you jump on the bed? heard its almost impossible to get a replacement and the beds become destroyed and don't work after a while. good luck

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
never have although i have heard nightmare stories about those foam type beds, ya know the one that doesn't spillwine when you jump on the bed? heard its almost impossible to get a replacement and the beds become destroyed and don't work after a while. good luck

A friend of mine has one and has had it for 4+ years and loves it.
Those suckers are $$$$ too.

oilwell1415

Established Member
Thank God no. When we bought ours the salesman made it sound like it was a huge PITA to get any kind of warranty service on a matress. Stains, frays, and heaven forbid missing tags are all instant warranty voiders.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
A friend of mine has one and has had it for 4+ years and loves it.
Those suckers are $$$$ too.

wow really? heard it from like 3 people and moms friend is a dealer and told me they fight til the end to replace them lol.
but yes they are comfy in the store and yes they cost alot. think one was like $9k :eek::eek:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Ive been doing some research and have read nothing but horror stories, hence why I am looking for some advice before I pursue the warranty claim.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Ive been doing some research and have read nothing but horror stories, hence why I am looking for some advice before I pursue the warranty claim.

oh man def. not good sign. have someone "break into your place" and use renters ins as a last resort. lol jk

hmmm whats wrong with it?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
oh man def. not good sign. have someone "break into your place" and use renters ins as a last resort. lol jk

hmmm whats wrong with it?

There is a depression in the center of the bed that literally causes either myself, or my girlfriend and I to roll to the center of the bed every night as if we are in a hole. The warranty card states that any depression greater than 1.5" constitutes a replacement- but the issue is getting them to uphold the warranty and commit to the replacement.

If you move the slightest bit, you here crackling and pinging, as if the springs are moving around inside.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
There is a depression in the center of the bed that literally causes either myself, or my girlfriend and I to roll to the center of the bed every night as if we are in a hole. The warranty card states that any depression greater than 1.5" constitutes a replacement- but the issue is getting them to uphold the warranty and commit to the replacement.

If you move the slightest bit, you here crackling and pinging, as if the springs are moving around inside.

oh yea thats bad. my mom had a couch like that and you would just sink in the middle lol no bueno...:nonono:
i wonder how they conduct the decpression test, i'm sure they can figure out a way to get out of it. check and see how the other owners got it replaced, maybeyou can use the same reason

oldmodman

Established Member

What they will do after enough complaining, is to send a "mattress technician" to your house. He will remove all the bedding then lay a straightedge across the mattress. Which will find that there is no problem at all. Since the depression is actually a failure in the foam or springs that doesn't show up except under load. It is almost impossible to get a refund or another new mattress, except if you got it at Costco.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
get a Fempurpedic (fake Tempurpedic) from Overstock.com.

They had a queen 10" thick w/cooling ducts for like $450 shipped. At that price, its pretty much a disposable mattress.

IIRC the issue is they all have a semi-rigid foam core, which if impacted hard enough (sexeh time) can permanently collapse in that spot, leaving you a valley when the upper foam layers are compressed, however when not compressed the bed maintains its flat look.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL, guys he has a Posturepedic, not a Tempurpedic...he has a regular coil spring mattress.

All I can say to you, is good luck. We have a 5 year old mattress now that was awesome when new, but is uncomfortable as hell now. There are depressions on both sides that are close to 2" deep, and you can't flip our mattress either. We called to get it replaced under warranty, and they said it was fine. I believe ours is a Sterns and Foster though. Anyway, we had zero luck getting them to admit it needed to be replaced.

If you have a different outcome, let me know what you did, because we've just given in to the fact that we have to buy a new mattress...

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Are you guys rotating your mattress?

Our mattress has a pillow top so we can't flip it but we rotate it 180 degrees every time we change the sheets.
We've had our Sealy Posturepedic for over 6 years now and it's still extremely comfortable with no sink holes.

It was expensive as hell but well worth the money.
Ours was listed at $5,000 but we got it at 50% off.

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
another horror story here as well. bought a nice expensive pillow top from Sleepy's (don't remeber which brand) and barely a year later it had terrible depressions in it and was effing up my back. called to get it replaced and went in circles with the warranty company. they weren't going to replace it and kept fighting us until they got a letter from our lawyer. then they were sweet as pie and we finally got a replacement but it took almost a year figthing them. not to mention the inspector they sent out to look at the mattress scratched the shit out of our headboard/footboard (sliegh style bed) when he took measurements of the depressions :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread