Anyone ever had experience with car wraps?

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Ok so my car is in really big need of a paintjob imo and still has the factory paint from when it was produced with a little touch ups here and there....

I love torch red but I feel llike I want something a little different like a flat white or black....

Anyone ever seen a wrapped cobra or wrapped a car before? I honestly have no idea how much it costs and while I do not think it looks as good as a whole new show quality paint job I think it can be a nice alternative. However have not really seen many wrapped cars in person so was trying to get some opinions.

Wanting something like this...

DSC_0050.JPG

Audi%20R8%202.jpg

I dont know honestly have no idea how much this runs.. I am sure its not cheap but couldnt see it being a crazy amount... O well maybe some of yall can let me know

I know some will probably flame me for even the idea but I just am ready to try something different... Will probably only be on the car for a couple years anyway.

Last edited:

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Like I always say to people. It's your car and your money, you gotta drive it so make it how you want it.

As far as price goes I have no clue. If you were in the Pittsburgh Tri-State area I could get you in touch with a friend of mine who could wrap it. Might be able to hit him up for a ballpark price though and get back to you.

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
a guy here had his front clip of his truck wrapped with a flamed design and it ran about 1800. i was going to get my 06 2-toned with a flat black wrap on top, he at first quoted me 1000 and then went down to 600. he had actually said he would wrap the whole car flat black for 1000. but that didnt include jams

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I think you are looking at half of what a paint job would cost or better depending upon how nice the paint job you are trying to get.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I think you are looking at half of what a paint job would cost or better depending upon how nice the paint job you are trying to get.

Hmm I could deal with that maybe... I really just need to go look at some in person to see how they look I know pictures can be decieving sometimes

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I think most wraps are around 4,000 or so..and someone said they are only good for like 5 years?

Yea on their website it says "5 year warranty" not sure how you warranty a wrap or paintjob....

About SkinzWraps™, Vehicle Graphics Wraps, Vinyl Car Graphics, Vinyl Graphics

They are really close to me so I think I am just going to go some weekend and check it out.

However, if it is even over 3k I will just wait for a paintjob becuase doesnt seem worth it at that price.

Satyr

Established Member
Good idea, really. If you ever want to sell the car, you haven't diminished the value by having a paintjob and VIN number that suggest different things.

Post up with the price.

SpectorV

Established Member
its kind of like the 3m clear bra stuff, its very expensive to have done (was quoted 1200-1400 to have all areas on the car that I wanted done, front, rockers, back, door handles)... not cheap.

They said it needs to come off in 5 years, cleaned and buffed, then can be reapplied if you want.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Thanks for all the info everyone, going to try and go up to the shop close to me tommorow, pending weather conditions.

If I dont do something as drastic as the whole car i think I might get a ghost flame effect look with the pattern like a couple members on here had(have)

Think there was a guy on here awhile back that went by sambandit with a black cobra that had blue flames.... That pattern would be cool I think.

Users who are viewing this thread