Anyone ever had 6-CD changer repaired

sonic cobra

Established Member
Mine flashed CD error after successfully ejecting a CD. Tried all the internet tricks, finally pulled the unit and removed all the CD's and still getting the error. No broken plastic parts or springs that I can see and everything moves freely
I dont have IPOD or smart phone. Would like to keep the 6cd changer.
Anyone had unit repaired successfully?

4601S/C

Established Member
You may try a computer repair shop. Most people just seem to get them replaced.

sonic cobra

Established Member
Yes, Ford dealer said they could send it out but might cost $300 to $400. He also recommended aftermarket.
I have already picked out a replacement head unit (JVC KW-R900BT)
Just wanted to give it one last attempt at keeping the stock dash before I call Crutchfield.
Thanx

svtaddict

Established Member
just swap it out you will be glad you did. my new kenwood is amazing and sound is ten times better. also im able to burn all my albums onto one dvd and my stereo catagorizes them by folder by itself and a dvd can hold maybe a couple hundred songs. so a cd changer? eh

svtaddict

Established Member
by the way my kenwoods msrp was 1149. i got it open box for best buys online price of 359. at the store it was at it had a tagged open box price of 720. it had never been opened i think it was last years model and i love it. manager said someone messed up listing it but they had to price match hehe.

svtaddict

Established Member
just the head unit the actual speakers and amps in the mach system are decent once you get rid of that shit stock stereo. i already had a ten inch sub and jl amp in the trunk but i could only turn the gain up like a quarter of the way i thought it was the sub and bought another brand sub also because of this. after my radio swap and rca's from the radio to the amp i can turn it up all the way. Only problem now is it hits too hard and my spoiler rattles like a mother.

Last edited:

svtaddict

Established Member
jvc is actually made by kenwood and ive seen some jvc's that look just like my kenwood so i think you will probably be ok with that one.

oldmodman

Established Member
Here's an answer that won't help much.

I bought my Cobra new and had the head unit fail after six months. The dealer just replaced it.:shrug:

But it was easy to remove and reinstall.

sonic cobra

Established Member
I went ahead and installed the JVC double din unit. Easy install,works fine Just doesn't look or feel right to me. Guess its all in what you get used to. I do miss the speed sensitive sound .

Users who are viewing this thread