Anyone ever experience Sleep Paralysis?

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
From time to time when I'm under stress or my sleep schedule has been altered I'll get sleep paralysis, and man is it scary. For those that don't know what it is, its when you wake up and you are fully aware and alert, but you can't move any of your muscles. It just happened to me like two seconds ago when I woke from a nap and it scared the sh!t outta me. Although it only lasts a few seconds, those few seconds seem like an eternity as you just lie there not being able to move wondering wtf is going on. Its probably about the 4th or 5th time its ever happened to me but its just as scary as the first time.

Anyone with similiar experiences/stories?

Paul

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Yeah! And to be honest with you, i think thats what a lot of those guys in the ghost threads are really experiencing....

Cal

Established Member
I get it from time to time, though its kind of rare. At first it scared the crap out of me because I would think I was being abducted by aliens, then I read about it. I guess its a good thing though. If our mind didn't cut off movement when we dreamt we'd act out our dreams lol. I can see it now. Dreamin about a giant marshmallow then you wake up and your pillow is missing lol

Lt14life

Established Member
ive had it a few times but what really scares me is that i cant make myself breathe while im paralyzed so its a good thing that it only lasts for a few seconds

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Having died a few times (and been revived), I always hope to see some white light, but the room's dark so for a few seconds I'm not really sure where I am.....

GetOffTheCar

Established Member
i get it alot and im used to it. I try to scare myself even more by thinking about the lady in the water movie. I create life size statues of aliens, ghosts, etc.. and set them up around your room.

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
It's happened to me too.

What is really funny is the last time it happened I had just got involved with my fiance' and we woke up in the morning and I was sleep paralyzed and just started to make some really weird noises cause I couldn't move, like AHHHHHHHHHH but really high pitched.

She was like WTF is wrong with you and luckily understood what it was when I got out of it and explained.

I felt like Han Solo in carbonite, baby. Scary shiz!

Amazing the crap you admit to on the internet. LOL!

:banana:

P.S. She and I are still together 8 months later so you can have a wuss moment and your woman won't leave ya.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
Scoriox...baby...what the f*ck are talking about man?:dw:

im sorry, its just so easy to throw the word around it slips out!

and why are you callin me baby?

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Its pretty much a dream. You think you are awake but your really not. I get that sometime, I think its kinda fun to try and fight it. LOL

Dave

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Scoriox said:
im sorry, its just so easy to throw the word around it slips out!

and why are you callin me baby?

It's goin' around mang, check my post too.

HAHAHAH!

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
WOW! I thought I was the only one who ever had such a thing happen to me.

It happened to me a couple of times when I was a kid. The first time I was in military school. I was napping and having a very vivid dream and my roommate kept coming in and out of the room half waking me up. I guess I leveled off in a state of semi-consioiusness where I was conciously thinking but my sub-consious still had control of my body. I remember even rolling over in bed like someone else was controlling my body altogether. My body was totally relaxed but mentally I was freaking out! And this didn't last a meer few seconds either. It lasted at least 5 minutes until my roommate shook me. I remember him coming into the room and looking at me. I could see him because my eyes were partially open, but I could not control where they pointed. I remember seeing him look at me funny, move into the line of sight, and then approach me and shake me. The instant he touched me I bolted out of bed in a panic and just about scared him to death.

I went to the school infirmary that evening and the nurse looked at me funny and asked if I had been doing drugs. She didn't have a clue.

The second time it happened was two or three years later. A friend was over spending the night at my grandmothers. I was drifting off to sleep and he was reading a book. He would say something every now and then and half wake me back up. I guess I again leveled off in the semi-consious place when I relized I could not move my body. I started to panic again. But this time I calmed myself down and concentrated on moving my index finger. It took me a few seconds, but once I did it, I immediately got all function back and its never happened to me again.

That last time it happened I think I was 15. I'm now 47. I've mentioned the experiences to friends from time to time over the years but can't remember the last time I ever even thought about them.

Until this thread, I never heard of another person who had the same or even similar experience.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
On a semi-related note: About 15 years ago, my brother and I slept at my grandma's place in Chicago. We were on the hidabed in the living room, and my brother woke up first that morning and was watching TV. Apparently he heard me say from behind him, "Mark, you're out of line!" He turned around; he didn't think I was talking in my sleep because my words were very clear even if they didn't make sense. He was like, "What?!"

I continued, "Mark, your mission is over!" At this point he knew I was talking in my sleep, was like "whatever" and turned back to the TV. After he told me about it later, I remembered thinking about the end of the second Rambo movie before falling asleep the night before. I had no recolection whatsoever of a dream about it, but evidently I was Murdoch and he was Rambo.
crazy.gif

--T.J.

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
LOL this is a funny thread.

I knowthe term lucid dreaming means you areaware you are dreaming and can mentally control the path of your dream - I had that a few times. But I never heard of the paralysis theing. In just hope you buggers didn't put that thing in my mind so it happens to me.

Users who are viewing this thread