Anyone ever dealt with Keith Craft Racing Engines?

truculentSVT

Established Member
I'm looking to have my teksid shortblock machined and assembled for my '04 Cobra. I've got some quotes from a few people, and Keith Craft Racing sent a pretty good offer. I know they are quite popular in the pushrods world, but has anyone had any experience with them on modulars? Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Man, I had Keith Craft build me a 306 pushrod shortblock many years ago and it was rock solid. They had great customer service and communication. I didn't know those guys were into mod motors now, but based on my previous experience with them, I would seriously consider. Just go over all the build details until you feel comfortable or not and make a decision. Good luck.

truculentSVT

Established Member
Yeah, everyone I have talked to has dealt with them with pushrods motors.. Everyone has said the same thing though, that they were very pleased, and their pushrod motor was rock solid.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I dealt with them back in around 2000-2001 with my 2V. They built me a shortblock for my Procharged 2v. They had the engine built in the time they quoted me and was in communication with me the whole time. Price was good as well.

I did have a strange mishap though.

I live in CT and I called to track my engine. They had found it was on its way to California....... After some researching they realized they shipped my engine to a different customer. They called FedEx to turn it around and send it back to me. 2 days after that I get a phone call telling me there was a problem. "Allegedly" FedEx when moving with the tow motor they sent it right through the motor and damaged the block pretty bad. Keith Craft did notify me as soon as it happened. They also made good on it. They had another engine built and sent off to me in less than 2 weeks with no extra cost to me. Now I am not sure if the fedex story was an excuse to slightly delay me or if it really happened. I received the engine and never had an issue with it. I sold the motor to a friend of mine who ended up melting a piston which was the tuners fault.

BUT this was 14 years ago lol. Back then I was still "green" with mod motors. So I do not know particulars on specs and if it was built right or what. Everything looked great when I received it

Users who are viewing this thread